Poll

Please take a minute or two to fill out this poll and maybe add a note to the thread. How did you discover DarwinBots?

A friend or relative's recommendation
9 (6.4%)
Home of the Underdogs web site
24 (17%)
Another shareware/abandonware web site
2 (1.4%)
Googling for Artificial Life sims
61 (43.3%)
Purely by accident
16 (11.3%)
A DarwinBots member's webpage link
1 (0.7%)
Wikipedia's Darwinbots entry
12 (8.5%)
Other
16 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: How did you find DarwinBots?  (Read 43831 times)

Offline MonteCristo

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: How did you find DarwinBots?
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Heloo everyone, i'm very happy to see such a dedicated community to this project. It's hard to believe how much work has been put to this brilliant little program, amazing work from numsgil and all the others. My story goes like this:
I am a big fan of Vsauce and i checked their new channel Vsauce2. There was a new video which showed collest screensavers you can have on PC. One of them was Breve. It was a nice program, but very limited to a new user who doesnt know programing languages. But i was fasinated by the possibilities such programs pose, so I, having an eager to find and learn more stumble across program called 3dvce made by Lee Graham. It was incredibly hard to find but after 3 days of intense web searching i find it. It was amazing, the creatures that computer created by himself were amazing, but the program was buggy and glichy, i wanted to find the creator of it, but appearantly he just dissapeared from the internet, no signs of him left. I realy tried to search any clues what happened to him, but i never could find anything... So I realised, I need to find an active community who is dedicated to such projects, searched the wikipedia pages for such projects, tried some programs that werent outdated, and i finaly found you guys, but lack of time, or mabie lazyness in me prevented me from experimenting, but i hope that will change, so quite a long first post for a user, but I think it is worth it, amazed by your work fellas,
Evolution - Body
Revolution - Mind

Offline FadingMist

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Thanks to Habrahabr (http://habrahabr.ru/post/164711/)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »
Yea, Cjmax did some good work for us at Habra. Welcome to the team.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:28:47 AM by Botsareus »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »
Honestly, heres a fun story to how I found it...
I had a really bad life sim on my computer, and it was pretty horrificly made, trying to be all cool looking, and not working well...but my Windows 7 had to be rebuilt by my dad, as I had just destroyed it over the years, so I got rid of that life sim, and googled life sims, found darwinbots purely cuz it has a coolish name.

BTW this forum really needs some theming!
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline darkfrost1802

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »
Looked up things like BoxCar2D, thought I'd try it well I wait for Screeps(A programming MMORTS where you program your own units, pretty cool) to go on sale.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2017, 06:22:50 AM »
I've been looking at Screeps, too, trying to decide if I want to get that involved in to a programming game or not.

Offline ChristopherTarana

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2020, 07:19:27 PM »
I was looking for DNA for GenePool 6! Then I followed the link on the forum! :)
In someways, DB is more difficult than Darwin Pond!

Thanks, Guys

Christopher Tarana