Author Topic: Something weird with my sim CLOSED (NO BUG)  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Something weird with my sim CLOSED (NO BUG)
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »
I was wondering if someone could take a look at my sim and see what's going on. I started this with 500 vegs which are only energy shooters. I have disabled everything else for the vegs. Then there are evolved autotrophs where I unchecked the autotroph checkbox to force these to become heterotrophs. Now the sim has only 10 vegs and over 1000 bots. It doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think my bots are able to feed yet. Of the few vegs I have left I see they are losing and gaining energy totally random. Maybe that's altzeimers. Maybe altzeimer is what killed all the others, but I find it strange that I can have so many bots.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:26:26 PM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »
There have been over 20000 births in your sim.  I see bots in your sim through at least generation 8.  Your bots are breeding.  Altzheimers can cause this.  In fact, will cause this 1 out of every 500 times on average when a value gets written into .repro or .mrepro.  Looks like waste buildup is the culprit in both your births and your deaths.

That you only have 10 vegs is becuase your repropulation threshold is set at 10.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:20:31 PM »
Yeah, I set the treshold to 10 but if it falls below that it should add 100 vegs.
I just found it strange that there could be so many bots when they can't get any energy, so I was wondering if maybe they had evolved to feed, perhaps tiefeeding, but that's unlikely. Somehow my bots have evolved to become very hardy through the months I've been running the sim where they originally come from. When I started this new sim it was with just ONE bot with 15000 energy and 500 energy givers (the vegs)!
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 02:22:31 PM »
Watching the Total Energy graph can give you good insight into what's going on w.r.t. nrg usage and incoming nrg.  Something not always obvious is that veggy repopulation can bring TREMENDOUS amounts of nrg into a sim even if the sun never shines....
Many beers....