Author Topic: Bot Challenges: A New Direction  (Read 15061 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Bot Challenges: A New Direction
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 03:11:44 PM »
Neural networks, We need more systems for bots to communicate...Give us more sensors dudes.
Anyway, more diverse bots, thats like...My current project (Which im hoping moonfisher will help on)

Im scrapping the, if 1 condition met, the whole task is done...Im making it so each task is about 4 to 10 genes that fire to perform it, (Gonna need some custom-sysvars in the empty-sysvar block to check which genes already fired) then the task slowly gets completed (or more quickly actually...) with options from about 25 genes, to 40 genes to select from...
Of course its going to only perform a few tasks, but they'll be good tasks.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 09:53:18 PM »
well this thread hasn't had anything in a while.

ok so i've been playing with Nnets again with an idea of making it as real of an actual neuron as possible and it has the most potential as i've seen.

although many will not move or react to anything many will act differently at different times as just of a matter of another bot moving or still(same bot triggering the reaction) i will have to develop this further for sure. you'll just have to see it your self.

EDIT: also to see the effects easier i recommend thin fluids.

also i think i found a bug so where it freaks out when adding new bots to the sim while it's playing so add them while the sim is paused.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:10:36 PM by Shadowgod2 »

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
got a fix in the dna it basically skipped age 0 and couldn't figure out what to do.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
I do not understand the business end of a NN as shown by Ann. But I do know enough that the Neurons should reorganize faster with more pain and reorganize slower with more pleasure. This should lead to a stable supper efficient robot after a while. Just my 2c$.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 07:00:52 PM »
yea i'm definitely messing with pain pleas this time and going from there

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »
yea i'm definitely messing with pain pleas this time and going from there
Hey shadow, may I make 1 request in your neural nets.
If were gonna have a kinda realistic neural net, don't make ties between each neuron. Use infoshots or some similar system like the synapses in a really nnet.
Maybe we could get a long-time simulation for it running then, a bit like Botsareus' zerobots :P
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »
offtopic: sorry for the silence i was on vacation sense Saturday just got back.

it's not that kind of Nnet. just like the Nnets before it's with a single bot. each neuron of it's Nnet is as realistic as can be in as short of a line as possible. before i can do anything like that i would need a lot more experience in making bots multibots for sure and with my iffy go in this it'll take many more years to get to that lvl. i still struggle with the advanced stuff like >>. to make bots with them is a nightmare to figure out how they work exactly.