Author Topic: Crash when starting internet populations graph when not connected  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Peksa

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Crash when starting internet populations graph when not connected
« on: September 14, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
Well, title says it all. When I loaded a sim of mine and started some graphs, I accidentally started Internet Populations graph and I got the following error:

Run-time error '76':
Path not found

I'm using version 2.43h, I have set up an internet nickname but haven't run any internet games.

Edit: I forgot to mention that DB crashed to desktop because of this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:49:48 PM by Peksa »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:51:29 PM »
Ah.   I create some local file system directories the first time you run Inet mode.  The graph needs them.  The work around is to click the F1 button.  After that, the fiel system directoryies will exist and this should never happen.   Nice find.  I'll fix in the drop.
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 11:50:22 PM »
I got a similar crash once when I clicked the "update data" button or whatever it's called on the internet pop graph.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 07:39:43 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
I got a similar crash once when I clicked the "update data" button or whatever it's called on the internet pop graph.

I have gotten an access denied error when I clicked the "update data" , and the program stopped.

Before this, I have pressed it sometimes and then it just updates the data. So a random error or did I do something wrong.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
Quote from: Peter
Quote from: Numsgil

I have gotten an access denied error when I clicked the "update data" , and the program stopped.

Before this, I have pressed it sometimes and then it just updates the data. So a random error or did I do something wrong.
Probably timing related.  A population file is probably open and in the process of being updated, which is why you get the access denied.  I need to add better execption handling.
Many beers....