Author Topic: Stay tooned ,  (Read 6989 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »
I am still in the hospital;

When I get out I will try something like bot speices vs bot species with simulation reruns of the same position with different dna code for each bot. It will make more sense when you guys see the source code...

(a. the program saves the position of the robot
b. it trys 250 subtrials  to get most energy out of the apposing robot species, on retry it repositions the robots and trys again with different dna
d. after 3 trials a robot or offspring with the most collected energy from opponent speices is selected as the base dna for all robots)

I.) species a mutate (above method)
II.)  opposing species mutate twice (above method)
III.) species a mutate twice (above method)
IV) opposing species mutate twice (above method)
V.) etc.
until robot can defeat league robots

in 250 retrys it starts the first half with more deletion muatatons then addition so to clean up junk dna.

thank you for your time people, I will be with you again shortly...

P.S.
edit:
There will be 250 subtrials (If there is 2500 robots the hope is that arleast 1 out of 30 did better. But I expect it will never get  over 300. It should (virtualy speacking) balance out at 250/3 robots.) The number of sycles a subtrial lasts is the ammount my optimized firstbot will last if it stared with 32000 enengy and had a conditionless reproduction gene.

P.P.S
edit:
Numsjil, I need help to install this thing into wiki: Ideas --> alternate virsion ---> borsareus's_Virsion_attempt2
I will use my webspace on tripod to post the new virsion. (I will get rid of my delusional smexe.) Then you
 can transfear it to your server. I will post smaller changes as file attachments. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:39:25 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
See the edit to the above post, I hope it makes more sense now.
---
The whole point is to take mutations away from reproduction and make a whole new evo. system.
I will post the source code once I get access to the Internet outside the hospital and type it up. The source code (I hope) will be easyer to understrand then me.

I have some qustions about virsion 3
A. Do commands like .repro and .up support desimals? ex: 50.4 .repro store; Or 10000 1 4 / ^ .up = 10 .up;  Or does the program round it to the nearist integer or does it cause an error?
B. I posted my virsion B. plasment control details here. I will like to know how I can sincronize my new plasment control and a new robot variable called trial id ( simular to parent id) with save settings and save simulation files while keeping them backwords compatable? Note: There will be no "change" in my settings options.
C. I need the download location of the new defult settings file, the new sysvars file, and the robots that come with the new defult settings file.
D. Can robots store energy in other ways: Can someone provide examples of all the ways robots store and retrieve  
energy from other sources like "fat."
E. I will like to have examples of robots that use:
Virus ( If supported in virsion 3)
Venum and Poison.
F. Can some one refresh my memory on how .shoot works. I beleave -1 .shoot store is to take energy. What about the other values?
---
First: I will post optimize mode and time when finished display in F1 mode. (Optimize mosde uses F1 mode) My F1 mode will be limited to two robots.
Next: I will post my VirsionB placment control.
Finaly after that: I will post the new evo._mode and better mutations.
(please note that my new modes will be optional which saves you trouble if you only want to use a part of my new DB virsion.
---
I have 2 more qustions (I forgot):
How do I make a line run across the screen (I beleave it used to be
) what is it now?
What is the name of that website were I can upload Images for free? (I want to update my picture and signature with scenes from the matrix3 and Animatix.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:09:00 PM by Botsareus »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:19:50 PM »
If I were PY, I'd take that award back right about now
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »
Quote from: Botsareus
I have some qustions about virsion 2.37.6

2.37 is quickly becoming all but obsolete (as well it should, it's like 2 years old), so while I have answers to most of your questions, I'm not sure if they apply to 2.37 anymore.  There were alot of changes I made when 2.4 first came around to make it more robust in regards to saves, settings, DNA robustness, etc.  And honestly, if I can't remember for sure, I don't think there's anyone around who can.  I was the primary architect for 2.37 and early 2.4.  So if you're going to be using any of the code pre-2.4, you're pretty much on your own I think.

How do I make a line run across the screen (I beleave it used to be
) what is it now?

I don't think the
tag works anymore, to be honest.  I upgraded the forum software quite a while ago, and I don't think the new version has it.

What is the name of that website were I can upload Images for free? (I want to update my picture and signature with scenes from the matrix3 and Animatix.)

You're probably thinking about Imageshack.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 10:43:27 AM »
Well: It still says PY has the F1 legue set up for virsion 2.37.6 so thats what I typed up. If PY is going to use a new virsion for F1 mode: I will deffinatly change it to that new virsion.
First of all, the OFFICIAL VERSION OF DB IS 2.37.6
quote from py.
So if that stays or it does change I need the qustions answered for the newest (used by PY in F1 mode)virsion... PLEASE ... thankyou
---
Thanks Numsjil , its imageshack.
---
Shvartz whats up man?
If I were PY, I'd take that award back right about now
As I say "what did not compute" about my last post?  

you're pretty much on your own I think.
I am sure some one is out there (like PY) or somebody who knows the old virsion since it is still used in the legue...

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 11:04:40 AM by Botsareus »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
2.36.7 is dead.  Modify the source if you like, but everyone is on 2.43, including leagues

You can snapshot the 2.43 source, but be aware I have made many changes since then on a private fork.  You might want to wait for the next official drop, which will be 2.44, which I will likely drop in a week or two.

Here's a quick shot at your questions:

A) Are you asking what the program will parse in a robot txt file or how these commands treat integer stack values internally?
 Answering this would require giving you a lecture in how the code saves sims and settings and is beyond the scope of this reply
C) default settings and sysvars are now coded in exe.  There is no sysvars file.
D) Fat is the onyl nrg storage.  Unmaking of other substances does not provide nrg.  It costs it.
E) See the beastiary
F) This is well documented on the wiki.
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
Well: It still says PY has the F1 legue set up for virsion 2.37.6 so thats what I typed up. If PY is going to use a new virsion for F1 mode: I will deffinatly change it to that new virsion.
First of all, the OFFICIAL VERSION OF DB IS 2.37.6
quote from py.
So if that stays or it does change I need the qustions answered for the newest (used by PY in F1 mode)virsion... PLEASE ... thankyou

Where does it say this?  PY hasn't much been around the last year or so, so we should update whatever you're quoting.  Jez took over the leagues for a while, but it looks like he's ready to pass the mantle on too.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 02:04:36 PM »
Probably not the current leagues. The DNA alone is so strongly redesigned that no modern bot would work right.

Sorry about that. I was sad that nobody used the F1 legue for nearly two years. Now I updated my post with new enthusiasm: Maybe I will be the one to develop a robot translater from virsion 2.37.6 to virsion3...

---
A) Are you asking what the program will parse in a robot txt file or how these commands treat integer stack values internally?
bouth

B.) I'll figure it out... It will take me a while...

C. I need the download location of the new defult settings file, the new sysvars file, and the robots that come with the new defult settings file.?
Does the robots come with the new virsion?

D.) Thank you for your help EricL

E.) Thats kinda problamatic because v3 did not even came out yet...

F.) Thank you for your help EricL
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:16:52 PM by Botsareus »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
Sorry about that. I was sad that nobody used the F1 legue for nearly two years. Now I updated my post with new enthusiasm: Maybe I will be the one to develop a robot translater from virsion 2.37.6 to virsion3...
You are confused.  Leagues have been run on 2.43 for some time.  Virsion 3 is Nums private project.  It is far far in the future.  I you want to play in the leagues, or in itnernet mode for that matter which has to soem extent taken over from leagues, you should use 2.43 or the latest buddy drop.

bouth
I might make the suggestion for someone who wishes to modify the sorce code to actually take look at the source code to answer such questions but...

If you have a decimal value in a bot txt file, the program will round it to an integer when the txt file is parsed.  Similarly, if a math operation would result in a non-integer value being placed on the integer stack, that value is also rounded.
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 06:21:13 PM »
Quick clarification: is the value on the stack rounded or truncated?  I could probably go check myself, but I'm lazy

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Quick clarification: is the value on the stack rounded or truncated?  I could probably go check myself, but I'm lazy
Its rounded in both cases.
Many beers....

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 10:22:25 AM »
C) Does the default settings robots come with the new virsion?

E) See the beastiary
I need spesific links robots that use tie feeding , poison , Venum and Virus.
I need spesific links because I don't even know how the commands are called inside the robot dna.

Don't answer this qustions until v3 comes out.

---
Maybe I will be the one to develop a robot translater from virsion 2.37.6 to virsion3...
I still think it's a fun challange.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 10:26:45 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »
Venom
Poison
Shell
Slime
Virus
(PY's tie feeding tutorial.  We should really clean this page up.
Shooting

If one of the pages doesn't satisfy your curiosity, it means we need to add more to it.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »
This stuff is for the latest db vision 2.X ???
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:07:42 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Stay tooned ,
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »
Everything on the wiki should be up to date.