Author Topic: DNA command line interpreter  (Read 17343 times)

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
DNA command line interpreter
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 11:34:56 PM »
Quote from: Moonfisher
Allowing whitespaces sounds like a good idea, not sure I like allowing mixed cases.
I kinda like compilers to be very strict, they shouldn't swallow anything (Unlike a good gf   )

Hmm, you're more than a little suggestive there

Anyway, if you spell it wrong, or use a symbol that doesn't exist in the system, it won't work, but other than that, it is the same as any other case-insensitive programming language.
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: DNA command line interpreter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
I know this is a really, really old thread. But:

Numsgil, why do you want as few commands as possible natively?
I think bots can benefit from naturally evolving compound commands... I actually added them to DB2 from an evolution stand point. I didn't really care that it makes life easier for the programmer.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
Codules would basically let you build your own commands, and the smaller the list of DNA commands the easier it is to test and debug.

For evolved code, the smaller the building blocks for evolution to play with the more impressive the final results are.  Codules, again, let bots build up code reuse so it's entirely possible for things like storeadd to evolve on their own just by happenstance.  Or other, weirder DNA shortcuts.

Or that's the thinking anyway.  I haven't played with it in a long while; I'll revisit it at some point and finish flushing out the language once I have a chance to play with it in practice.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 05:35:14 AM »
I get it. Robots can evolve there own Codules.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »
Oooh. A nice little command to add for DB3:
.mygenefired

This will check if X (X being the value you put before .mygenefired store) was active in the previous cycle, it will return 1 if true, 0 if false!
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.