Author Topic: New ppl  (Read 9644 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 02:32:54 PM »
yepp, but this is for artificial life, thats wuld attract more ppl
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 02:45:27 PM »
We are already on alot of ALife search engines.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 02:48:50 PM »
I searched for AL on google and on the first 2 pages wasent DB, so it must be low on the ranking list
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 02:53:03 PM »
zelos whats the problem here , If you want to go hack google to show better DB results, go ahead.... no one is stoping you right?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »
well, right now I got no problem exept im bored which result in that I argue for things I either dont care about or something I dont like, in this case, something I dont care about

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 02:57:30 PM »
:) Bau  :)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
When you search for ALife on google you'll be getting back everything on ALife.  This includes professional research associations, academic institutions, etc.  Obviously Darwinbots should be behind that.

Also, like I said before, we don't really say the word 'ALife' very much in the forums, etc.  We're really just a small subset of what would be included under the title ALife.

If we really want to get hte message out we form relationships with researchers in the field, and have them talk about it and try it out.  As we get professional support, we become more relevant, and our google hits will rise.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 03:13:06 PM »
lets drop this suject

Offline MightyPenguin

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 04:09:21 PM »
PY, the HOTU review is as outdated as the homepage. Or, it was when I last looked at it.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 04:23:29 PM »
Shouldn't be. I only put it up about 6 months ago. It referes to V2.33 as the latest version but does have direct links to this forum (not the old one)

Maybe it needs to be brought up to date a little but it isn't that old.

Are you sure you are looking at the right review?

You don't get to mine unless you click on the "comments" box in the bottom right corner.

:D  PY  :D
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 04:48:57 PM »
What about just polling people about how they found the board and under what circumstances(types of searches, links, other forums, etc.)? We could set-up a general poll to make it less invasive than methods used by other boards.

PY do you receive a summary on people linking here? If so you should be able to tell by which method, in general, we get the most visitors.

Endy B)

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 04:52:48 PM »
All I am getting is the email and IP of anyone who joins.

Perhaps we should start up a newbies poll to find out where people found us first. Good idea Endy.

:D  PY  :D
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New ppl
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 01:50:33 AM »
DB's New forum has seriously moved up in Google's rankings when searching for just Darwinbots :D . Should start moving up in other searches too.

Endy B)