Author Topic: Come join the F1 megaverse!  (Read 66722 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Come join the F1 megaverse!
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »
Actually, the sim had totally frozen.

I never see my sim freezing up on me. Actually, I don't think I ever saw DB "freeze", it's much more prone to crashes
I think that it is indeed a very long wait for IM. I thought everyone had these - when server is unreachable the program goes through these excruciating time-outs where it waits for any reply. Does not it usually happen to you?  I wonder whether it's something specific to my sims...
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
Well, I certainly get it on mine, the few times I run IM, so I don't think it's just you

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
I'll work in ontegrating the out-of-proc IM connection code this week...
Many beers....

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
Sweet, was running a no cost sim filled with alge and nothing else on IM for a couple of hours, and nothing came in.
Atleast I can see stuff going on in other peoples sims, but I still want to see A_supremus and the teleporters just don't seem to be working

Also, off topic, been running a sim with a NN and point mutations, trying out a large sim with very few alge.
I'm still running very low costs, but I'm hoping to reach normal F1 costs over enough time.
Nothing very interesting is taking place yet, a few "families" have been dominant and now it seems like one has taken over the sim, so the new NN seems to be working a lot better than the previous ones. (The structure hasn't been broken up too much yet, hoping to get do descent costs before it breaks the shell output, but I'm generaly hoping that a large environment with low food will make high amounts of shell less atractive)

Anyway, the interesting thing is (Or atleast I think it's kinda funny) one bot from a previously dominant family has managed to lodge itself in an alge spinning and shooting constantly, and it's now over 37000 cycles old. I know bots getting lodged isn't unusual, but I've never seen a bot last this long. The shots kill anything trying to aproach it, so it never gets nudged or attacked... I think it might die when costs get higher, but I'm not realy sure how long it can last this way.
This is probably just something that happens all the time, but to me 37000 cycles seems like a lot, haven't been running a lot of evo sims...

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
Quote from: Moonfisher
Sweet, was running a no cost sim filled with alge and nothing else on IM for a couple of hours, and nothing came in.
Atleast I can see stuff going on in other peoples sims, but I still want to see A_supremus and the teleporters just don't seem to be working
My sims were down for awhile.  Try it now.

Many beers....

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »
How do I et internet mode to work? It says it cant find files? Its RTE 76
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:55:01 PM by rsucoop »

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2008, 08:00:54 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Well, I certainly get it on mine, the few times I run IM, so I don't think it's just you

I've been trying it again tonight. Worked nice in the beginning, then I started getting more and more time outs and now my sim has stayed completely frozen, internet log staying on 0 for more than 20 minutes. Anyone else getting this? I'm wondering if it may be a bug introduced in one of the latest drops. I can test it with my evosim, just to see if it may be sim specific.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
Actually, just after I posted this I saw a glimpse of the counter in the log window running. Now it stays on 0 again, so I don't know what's the problem.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
Quote from: rsucoop
How do I et internet mode to work? It says it cant find files? Its RTE 76

You should just be able to push the button.  If it's not that simple for you (it crashes, or whatever), then it's a bug.  Post it in the bug forum and let Eric play around with it.

@Testlund: I'm not sure if it's ever totally frozen for me, but it certainly takes its sweet time when the connection goes bad.  (What seems to be happening is that it loses track of the connections and tries to open 3 simultaneous FTP connections, which our FTP server won't allow.  So after that happens the program will never be able to connect, and you'll have to restart DB.)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2008, 08:18:34 PM »
And then all the FTP operations time out at 60 seconds per.  The program's still running, it's just waiting 60 secodns for each IM communication attempt and there are a dozen or more for each sync cycle, which is why it appreas to freeze for long periods when this happens.

I'll work on the out of proc IM communication code this weekend.   Going to also switch to a new server shortly.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »
Quote from: EricL
Going to also switch to a new server shortly.

Yay!

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
IM seems to have worked better for me with my evosim. Haven't got many bots though, just Preditor14, Seasnake1.1 and Alga Minimalis. They all died quickly. I think Seasnake was just a single bot that came through, so I couldn't even locate it. Only Alga Minimalis managed to survive for a bit, got cancerous and dissapeared, leaving a cloud of shots.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 09:04:41 AM by Testlund »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
BWMHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I have constructed an evil bot that bombs other sims:

'IM Killbot
'fixes itself in place, then as soon as it teleports, spreads a virus that causes mayhem
'not quite as disruptive as I'd hoped, not that I was going to use it anyway....
'no other sim is ever on when my one is
def hibernate 999
def origx 997
def origy 996

cond
 *.robage 1 =
start
 .fixpos inc
 .hibernate inc
 *.xpos .origx store
 *.ypos .origy store
 *.thisgene .delgene store
stop

cond
 *.xpos *.origx !%=
 *.ypos *.origy !%=
start
 0 .hibernate store
stop

cond
 *.eye5 40 >
start
 -6 .shoot store
stop

cond
 *.hibernate 0 =
 *.robage 10 >
start
 10 .up store
 10 .dx store
 -1 .shoot store
 0 .fixpos store
 *.nrg 100 sub sgn 0 floor 25 mult .repro store
 *.thisgene .mkvirus store
 *.nrg 2 div .vshoot store
stop
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline mm130k

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »
hi im new to dawinbots and I cant conect to the server for online f1. can eny one hep?

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
The server is probably offline. It's been a bit low here for awhile so maybe there aren't any who runs in internet mode.

I think Numsgil and Prsn828 is busy with DB3. In fact I think they are so busy with it that we might even have something to try out this autumn.