Bots and Simulations > Evolution and Internet Sharing Sims

Come join the F1 megaverse!

<< < (2/37) > >>

EricL:

--- Quote from: Numsgil ---Whos computer is running the nanite detonators?  The population level never seems to change and I never seem to get any nanites teleporting into any of my sims.
--- End quote ---
Jez I think.  Bug in the current version - doesn't clean up the local population files from sims that have come and gone.  Next version will.  You can make them go away by deleting any old (or even all) .pop files in the local Transfers\F1 directory.

Peter:
Has this happened to annyone else, in a few moments it chanced from a sim with my bots an a few preditors to a sim overruled by alga_minimalis. Everything was looking fine, and 5 minuts later. All my bots (at least in my sim) have extinced and alga_minimalis was left. Has this happened to someone else.

Byten by a alga.

EricL:
Are you running autocosts without a zero costs level?  Perhaps the preditors spiked the CostX multiplier through explosive reproduction, raising costs which then killed everything but veggies...

Peter:

--- Quote ---Are you running autocosts without a zero costs level? Perhaps the preditors spiked the CostX multiplier through explosive reproduction, raising costs which then killed everything but veggies...
--- End quote ---

I'am pretty sure I had a zero cost level, I gues  , I am not sure.

The preditors never have really ruled the sim, they come and go but there are always there in small numbers.I gues none of the bots really ruled outside their own sim.    

--- Quote ---Server unreachable.  Teleporting intrasim.
--- End quote ---

And what does this mean, server overloaded or so. too much trafic or anything.

--- Quote ---16-9-2007 14:19:55: multiply(peter).txt teleported in from Peter
--- End quote ---

So it is transferred somewhere, and in the end I get it back or so. Isn't it a bit strange to get your own bots back.

This F1 internet mode is a fun idea, having in total more bots then in your own sim, knowing they try to takeover another sim.

EricL:

--- Quote from: Peter ---
--- Quote ---Server unreachable.  Teleporting intrasim.
--- End quote ---

And what does this mean, server overloaded or so. too much trafic or anything.

--- End quote ---
It means what it says.  Your program had a problem contacing the server so the internet mode teleporter has truned into an intrasim teleporter for a while.  I'm pretty sure our FTP server only allows 5 simultanious authenticated sessions.  The current buddy drop holds on to a session long than it should.  Next drop should be better, but we are going to hit some scalability limtis w.r.t. number of connected sims unless we (I) make some changes to another server and switch to unauthenticated FTP.

--- Quote from: Peter ---
--- Quote ---16-9-2007 14:19:55: multiply(peter).txt teleported in from Peter
--- End quote ---
So it is transferred somewhere, and in the end I get it back or so. Isn't it a bit strange to get your own bots back.

--- End quote ---
It's part of the paradym.  Bots get teleported to a single queue in the sky.  Sims don't know which bots came from which sims nor should they.  They just take the first N off the top of the queue.  You don't want bots to pile up on the server if you the only one running but more importantly, it provides a automatic way to adjust for different teleportation rates and in particular, for stopping flooding cheats.

--- Quote from: Peter ---This F1 internet mode is a fun idea, having in total more bots then in your own sim, knowing they try to takeover another sim.
--- End quote ---
Indeed.  Not only is it fun and encougages competition, but I think it is also a path towards providing insight into many evo sim where we have hit roadblocks - more environmental diversity, preditor based selection favoring mutations over hand coded bots, etc.   For example, Preditor7 has killed off Preditor8.  Preditor7 mutates.  Preditor8 does not...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version