Bots and Simulations > Evolution and Internet Sharing Sims

Come join the F1 megaverse!

(1/37) > >>

EricL:
The new internet sharing capability (version 2.43d or later) is ready for some prime time excercise.    

Preditor3 is dominating at the moment, but I'm sure there are some F1 league bots that can take him.  If you've got a bot or two that you think can compete, I encourage you to download the latest buddy drop (see this topic) switch into F1 Internet mode and see how your bots fair.

Comments and/or questions related to F1 Internet mode welcome on this thread...

EricL:
So, where are all you big time F1 league bot builders, eh?  Quaking in fear that you can't build a bot thats up to the internet challenge do doubt!   My little Preditor rules Internet mode and I've never even built a league bot!  I spat on your meager bot building talents!  hmmpf!   Challange me in Internet mode if you dare or I shall be forced to taunt you a second time!

Plus, I'll buy a beer for the author of the first bot to reach a population of 25000 in the F1 megasim!

Elite:
I'm trying to resist the temptation to take the worst, most destructive viruses I've created and push them all through the teleporter  

I've released Durus Uredo onto the net. It evolved in a very harsh environment, so it's very good at surviving in an extreme range of costs and environments. A newly debugged Una is also out there.

What are the settings you're all using to run internet-enabled sims?

EricL:

--- Quote from: Elite ---I'm trying to resist the temptation to take the worst, most destructive viruses I've created and push them all through the teleporter  
--- End quote ---
Go for it.  Anything goes in the free for all at the moment.  Besides, my bots are checked virus immune....    Probably a "feature" we should override in the free for all Inet mode...

--- Quote from: Elite ---I've released Durus Uredo onto the net. It evolved in a very harsh environment, so it's very good at surviving in an extreme range of costs and environments. A newly debugged Una is also out there.
--- End quote ---
Una has managed to take hold with a population of 100 or so on at least one of my machines.  It seems to do well against Preditor8, but since Preditor7 mutates (Preditor8 is marked not to) it keeps evolving to work around whatever Una does...  In fact, Preditor 7 has come back from being almost dead to stand on top of the ranks right now with a total population over 2000...   Mutating may be a serious advantage in internet mode....

--- Quote from: Elite ---What are the settings you're all using to run internet-enabled sims?
--- End quote ---
I have 5 machines each running a sim with pretty much default physcis and F1 costs with a couple hundred veggies and autocosts with targets ranging from 500-1000.  Nothing special.

Ain't this fun?

Numsgil:
Whos computer is running the nanite detonators?  The population level never seems to change and I never seem to get any nanites teleporting into any of my sims.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version