Author Topic: Graphs not always on top?  (Read 2676 times)

Offline cliftut

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Graphs not always on top?
« on: August 06, 2007, 08:31:25 PM »
The graphs are always on top of all windows even if I minimize DarwinBots. This is a bit frustrating because I've been trying to run evo-sims while I browsed the forums, but I'd have to minimize all 2-3 graph windows and then maximize them again when I wanted to chech the sim. I suggest that all sub-windows governed by DB automatically minimize when the main window is minimized, and that the always-on-top behavior of the graph windows, and perhaps option windows as well, be changed. Hey, why not also make it so that they don't take up space on the Task bar anymore? Well... actually, you can scratch that one if you want... I think I'm starting to sound whiney.
I want these graphs to look superb. ...
I want these graphs to be scalable. ...
I want these to be the smoothest, most user friendly aspect of the program. I want people to marvel at our superb graphs.
             -Numsgil, motivational speaker at work. ;)

Offline Trafalgar

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
There's already some wonkiness in the graph windows' always-on-topness. It seems like if I minimize them all and then un-minimize them, only one of them remains always-on-top. The rest become normal - sort of. If you minimize just the one that's always-on-top, when you un-minimize it later the others will pop onto the top too (but they remain normal - click on another window and they're hidden again).

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 09:17:53 PM »
That section in the code is indeed a little wonky.  Ideally Darwinbots would have all sub windows be children to the main window (MDI parent), but for some reason the drawing area that is used to see the graphics doesn't play well with other windows.