Author Topic: MB league rules  (Read 8143 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
MB league rules
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 04:52:40 AM »
How can you else make your bot move without any, up, dn, sx, dx in your code, is that even possible.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
MB league rules
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 06:16:38 AM »
There are the spring forces from ties.  It's difficult to time it right, but it's possible to use the oscillation from the ties coupled with fixpos to create coherent movement.

The other option would be to create something like a squidbot, something similar to the frog kick from the breast stroke.  But the physics for something like this aren't set up yet.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
MB league rules
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 02:26:56 AM »
There's Inchworm 2 and Inchy that use stretching and shrinking ties to move.

MB's can also move by rotation(.aimdx/.aimsx). If enough of them are together they'll roll along the bottom of the screen(H. Grav and Non-torroidal). Normally it's only one direction but if they somehow co-ordinated it you could make them go either way.

You can also have your bot moved by other bots using shots. Very odd solution evolution developed once, when I removed a bot's movement gene.

Back on topic now:

What about "lost" bots that get cast adrift from the rest. The best solution I've come up with is that the MB's pick them back up when they see them.

Added in MB Construction at the wiki for making a basic multibot. Feel free to add your own bots since there's tons of ways to make a multibot.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 03:47:22 AM by Endy »