Author Topic: Latest league update  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Latest league update
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
Una 3.0 failed to get any further than last place in the shortbot league. (26th postion)

T. mosquito refuses to be entered in the SB league due to the fact that it causes the league to not accept it as a proper match!!? (Keeps beating Una 3.0 atm but once 5 rounds are won it replay’s the match...) Will have another go at sorting soon.

Originaloc, MB league, doesn’t do anything. It beat Vermis Inchy and Hexagonis though before losing to Botumor. (Looks like Botumor may be cheating a bit by feeding as a single cell but it gets to stay)

Abyaly’s Aura shot to the top of the SB league as expected, giving it a first in the F1, F2 and SB league! (This was before Etch, yet another bot by Abyaly took first in the F1 league).
One Man Bucket, also by Abyaly got all the way to 19th position in the SB league before losing to Dagblad Activia. (It reached postion 15 in the F2 league). That might not seem that impressive from somebody of Abyaly’s bot writing skill but you’ve got to remember that One Man Bucket has only ONE STORE instruction in the entire dna... Check out the expanded version under the same name in the bestiary if you want to see how it works a bit more clearly.
Spiral, an Interesting Behaviour bot, also by Abyaly, knocked Simplebot20 off the F2 league table and reached position 13 before losing to Swarm 2.0. In the F1 league it knocked Animal Minimaxis2 out and reached position 26 before losing to Proeliator Gryphus.

Speedy reached position 7 before losing to Furiae in the SB league, while in the F1 league it knocked Devincio Eversor out of the league and reached position 26 before also losing to Proeliator Gryphus.

Martian Tank2 knocked Umbra Draconis out of the F2 league and reached position 7 before losing to Excalibur. In the F1 league it knocked Vex Pefidiosos out and reached position 27 before losing to Speedy.
Martian Tank3 knocked J. Venomous Mobber out of the F2 league and ended up losing to Excalibur 1.12, it reached position 3. In the F1 league it also reached position 27 before losing to Speedy, it knocked out Virulus Spinnens.

Ratita australopetecus knocked Virulus Discretus out of the F1 league but only reached position 30 before losing to one of the other new entries, Spiral. (It is worth remembering that Tie bots are having problems feeding through ties at the moment and that probably didn’t help).

New downloads for these leagues are all now available. If I missed testing one of your bots then say so and I'll get it sorted.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Latest league update
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
Could't this be posted in the league forum, I think this is a better place than on offtopic.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Latest league update
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »
Huh, I had't even notice that the F1 and F2 league have chanced, multiply had some trouble beating martian tank3, then it was placed third or something like that, now it is placed 29th oh, man that league is hard, wait it has been beaten by speedy, now I am confused. Speedy being one of the weaker fighting bots, I know becouse I created it.

I am confused

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Latest league update
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 04:11:43 PM »
When is the next update going to be, I am a little exited becouse I just want to see Stupido Idiotus beat the MB-league. It is even having a hard time doing it.  

It isn't really the best bot around but it's beating the league.   I really want to see this bot at the top ofthe ranking. Then every bot builder wonders, is this the best MB???

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Latest league update
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »
T. mosquito refuses to be entered in the SB league due to the fact that it causes the league to not accept it as a proper match!!? (Keeps beating Una 3.0 atm but once 5 rounds are won it replay’s the match...) Will have another go at sorting soon.

Old issue. Remove any #name quote from the code.

DB still takes anything after #name to override the file name, and when they don't match it confuses the league routine.
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose...