Author Topic: Hello, I'am new and I've got a virus question.  (Read 10721 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Hello, I'am new and I've got a virus question.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
So, you think it's strange too, I am not the only one. Well I think it is only something strange but it is not bad the multibots does'nt work less becouse of it.

About the cost advantages

I quote from the wiki.

MB Advantages
[edit]
Pre 2.4

The MBs have several advantages over a normal Single Bot(SB). Most of these are in the form of cheaper actions (costs of actions divided by number of other bots the current cell is connected to).
[edit]
Post 2.4

(I believe I have gotten rid of these artificial advantages, but I will have to check. --Numsgil 13:16, 18 Sep 2005 (MST))
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hello, I'am new and I've got a virus question.
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »
2.5 is something like 95% done.  It's just missing bot debugging tools and multibot physics.  But I abandoned it when it became clear that it wasn't going to be easily maintainable.  At the moment I'm researching physics so I can be in a position to implement the more complex physical reactions correctly.  Also, 2.43 has quite a few features added to it that the C++ source doesn't.  On the other hand, the physics are much nicer in the C++ code.

When I start again it'll probably be from scratch using C#.  I'll probably start with the physics and work the rest of the program into that.  I should be in a position to start sometime in the next few months.  If you want to start tinkering around int the VB source, you'll find it very easy.  I actually learned VB working on this project.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:24:08 PM by Numsgil »