Author Topic: tie feeding seems to be broken  (Read 3393 times)

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
tie feeding seems to be broken
« on: May 05, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »
I was trying to make a tie feeder and was wondering why it wouldnt work, then I noticed tie feeders from old versions dont work either. Leaching still works, though, so it seems there is a restriction on only positive values for tieval. Is this intentional?
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »
I haven't noticed this but I don't write tie bots very often. Are you saying that all pre 2.43 tie bots are handicapped now?

I'm not aware of this being a deliberate change, I'll try it out and see.

Edit; I just tried Devincio Eversor (-1000 tieval feeding and 1000 tieval waste managment) and that seemed to work. Perhaps I haven't understood the problem?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:41:03 PM by Jez »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »
On the other hand I'm just testing out a new bot and the tie feeding on that doesn't seem to work. Strange.  
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 11:19:20 PM »
Oh. devincio eversor still does work. hmmm.
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:11:07 PM »
I'm glad you found it worked as well, things were really strange yesterday with a virus (20 .repro) working on D. Eversor but not on other bots. (Regardless of anti virus bits).

Seeing as that's a pre 30.07.04 bot I'm going to look for a new instruction causing the problem.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
 Missed a shoot instruction in D. Eversor, without that it doesn't work very well...

Topic moved to bugs forum till someone explains why the F1 bots are relying on the F2 bits to eat.
Douglas Adams