Author Topic: Genetic modification of the bot it selves  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Genetic modification of the bot it selves
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:07:40 AM »
we all should know by now that archea exist. they are a lifeform who like bieng in extreme enviroments. but how come they like it so much while bacterias and we dont? ive read that they have a special ability to adapt. they can genetical modefy themselves so they get new abilities fast. this is taken out of a paper ive read, ive just put it in a translator so odnt complain about grammar:
"Also on this precinct is archaea one knock middlething. Certain nominal of archaea is namely capture that make a reorganisation of their dna. Embarrassed am exchanging place and am floating about in geneticmaterial under same concept as when biologers is modifying embarrassed. Accordingly am changing organism their characters prompt than if the should await that the by an hazard arises a mutation. Be up to twelve percent of archaeas dna is mobile and able transfer about and seat themselves on second place in arvsmassan. The importance that they give organism new characters , for embarrassed interacts - often on one quite differently manner , when they is seat elsewhere."
and some of them even do so they share dna whit each other like bacterias. they are somekinda mix between eucarya and bacteria. they reproduce by mithos, but change their own dna. how about adding a function like that? maybe like
Code: [Select]
cond
start
5 .rndgene store
stop
this would move around 5 conds or actions in the dna randomly around in the dna, in this way we could get more mutations, of course many bots will die, but some might get it better. how about?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:49:20 PM »
why havent any1 of you come whit a response?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 05:09:36 PM »
It is hard to understand what that translation says.  Could you explain it in your own words?  

Is it talking about genetic rearrengments during an organism's lifetime?  If so then yes, it is possible to some degree.  It does not happen to often though.  It is just one of those weird cases that appear hear and there.  Before we go into details like that, it is better to model more universal things.  And we have a nice substitute already - mrepro command.  This will produce a bot that has a mutation.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 12:52:39 AM »
that text basacly tells that some archeabacterias modefy their own genes under their life time if the conditions arent right. they do it by them selves. and it happen often if the conditions are right. aand some even share their genes to other archeabacterias

Offline Old Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 11:57:03 AM »
Hmm interesting... I am for this. Balancing this would be important though, as limiting it's use maybe.

BTW zelos what's your mother tongue? (the language you ussually speak?)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 12:33:37 PM »
Does it say that they modify their genomes to fit the environment?  Or they just start mutating their genomes at random.  I thought it was the later.  Many bacteria do that: If they feel that conditions are tough, they just start mutating like crazy in the hope that one of the mutations will be beneficial.  Again, I think mrepro is a good substitute for that.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 02:21:39 PM »
I speak swedish
bacterias cant do this, they mutate only when they reproduce, this little fellows use somekinda proteins or osmething to move around the genes when they want to, there is no chemicals, radiations, nothing but their own things. they cant predict the modification (if they did they would know more about genetic then we humans do). so its completly random, of course many turn out bad. but how do they do it by their own "will"? the only simular thing we humans have is when our immune system want more to work on, but those mutations accure when the cell reproduce, but this happen under their lifes, and how do they make sure its not the vital genes? no one knows. the mrepro is just like our immune system, but this would change the genome for the mother cell and not only the doughtrer cell