Author Topic: Deadliest Virus -ever-  (Read 8509 times)

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« on: April 02, 2007, 08:51:12 AM »
Code: [Select]
cond
*.safety .nacho !=
start
  *.maxvel .dn *.robage -- abs sgn -- - mult store
  50 .repro store
  315 .aimdx store
  *.body .fdbody store
  .strpoison inc
  .shoot .ploc store
  *.tiepres .deltie store
stop
If this thing hits a veggie, say goodbye to eating veggies  unless you were specifically prepared for it.
To get normal vegs back you need to wipe these vegs out (which is quite daunting, since their repro is practically a repop event in itself). While watching a bot with zero offensive capabilities (*.refeye 0 = shooting condition) sweep the league using this thing, nothing managed to get normal vegs back. Now I need to add some killing methods to it  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 08:51:51 AM by abyaly »
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:20:51 PM »
Nice one!

I look forward to seeing a new F1 champ.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline -venom-

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »
*.safety .nacho !=
what is that???
If this were a perfect world, nobody would have let me into it.

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:08:43 AM »
that is the gene that stops the virus from activating while in the bot that shoots it! I think
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 04:11:43 PM »
Quote from: fulizer
that is the gene that stops the virus from activating while in the bot that shoots it! I think
To be even more precise it is the 'condition' that keeps the bot from activating it own virus.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 04:22:38 AM »
Quote from: Peter
To be even more precise it is the 'condition' that keeps the bot from activating it own virus.
thats right!

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:43:47 AM »
*.safety .nacho !=mmm... nachos
anyways there should be a virus that spreads itself by adding a virus making gene to itself and destroying the rest of the bots genes so that it just becomes a mindless virus spreader Zombie style thing

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »
anyways there should be a virus that spreads itself by adding a virus making gene to itself and destroying the rest of the bots genes so that it just becomes a mindless virus spreader Zombie style thing
Already done, there are to my guesing multiple bots doing that trick, as for example speedy, one of my very own.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 08:56:50 AM »
crud

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 01:22:34 PM »
I would say the best base for a virus would be :

cond
*.key *.keyvalue !=
start
50 .repro store
*.thisgene .mkvirus store
31999 .vshoot store
stop

This will primarily target the alge, and make it hard to find food unless you're prepared for it.
I'm using something similar in Ebola if you want to see it in action.
From that point you can always add more but it will also take more time to charge.

The second virus in Pacifist actualy hides it's presence while it's deleting genes and taking over, and initialy it didn't kill the victim, but the league fights where taking ages so I made it more lethal. (The fights can still take a long time though, but not nearly as long as they did initialy. Personaly I just use the auto win button when I can see the other bot no longer has a chance)
The downside is the time it takes to charge the virus, which is also why the first virus is a lot shorter.
The purpose of the viruses in pacifist isn't to be used as a weapon though.

In the end I don't think you can make a perfect virus, it all depends on how you plan to use it.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »
It can take a lot of nrg to shoot a virus.  If you do something like 1000 .vshoot store, your virus will usually be more than capable of infecting all the nearby veggies, and you'll be able to produce more viruses.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 02:53:30 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
It can take a lot of nrg to shoot a virus.  If you do something like 1000 .vshoot store, your virus will usually be more than capable of infecting all the nearby veggies, and you'll be able to produce more viruses.

But that's not what I want, try running Ebola and see what happens.
The alge has just enough time to reproduce before it kills itself and spreads the virus.
This way the infected alge will become very hard to kill... it just reproduces and kills itself all the time.
And there will be plenty of virus shots in the air since a shot lasts a long time.
You could try running Ebola with it's current virus and then try dropping the vshoot value to see the difference.
But it's true that a lower shoot value will be more overall compatible, Ebola is prepared for the effect the virus has on the alge.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
Ah, clever

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
To build off of the zombie virus idea, the Alga Pollinator has a virus that forces the target to walk toward the plant while releasing it's energy. If this virus hits a colony of plants, then things go out of control. Pretty soon the zombie bots start actually acting like zombies, attacking members of their own race or pretty much the nearest bot.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Virus -ever-
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
Omg I had a idea, A Virus killing virus...Possibly as a defence mechanism to make it more antibody-like...But imagine that, viruses attacking viruses. That'd kill your planty virus sure.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.