Author Topic: 1000 hour zerobot sim  (Read 9662 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
1000 hour zerobot sim
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 11:49:06 PM »
This is one thing I've noticed.  Viruses are very common in zerobot sims.  Which is weird when you think about it.  Viruses tend to be rather convoluted to set up for people.  But evolution loves them, and they can cause rapid evolution if they don't get too out of hand.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
1000 hour zerobot sim
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 06:06:09 AM »
What do you mean with the virus getting out of control. These both creatures have both virus's the one even three. In fact virus's are controlling the bot. Can the virus get even more out of control.

I've put this virus into a fighting-bot instead of it's own, the bot is spreiding the virus like it's supposed to do, the virus is on his term randomly deleting genes, result the bot was spreiding gene2 becouse and of deletion's almost all of it's genes spreid out of the sim.

Result after the fighting-bot is destroyed by veggies.  
veggies are hunting each other down.
After a while the veggied aren't moving anymore and shooting in circles.(to protect themself from others who are schooting in circles and against the few veggies who where still hunting)
Becouse the virus kept the effective virus-spreiding gene. Bot where having extreme loads of genes I found one with 355 genes and 8755 lines of code.  

This all happened within 15 minutes, virus are really speeding up evolution.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
1000 hour zerobot sim
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 11:13:39 PM »
If you have a virus that tends to grow genomes more than shrink them (say, creating thousands of copies of itself in other bots over time), it can start to slow the simulation down and possibly even make your computer run out of memory (though this would probably be rather uncommon).

I would add a very minor DNA upkeep cost to try and counter this.  Think about our own genome.  It's gigabytes of data, and most of it is probably the deactivated bits from viruses and other self replicating code.  You probably don't want to simulate gigabytes of data per organism, which viruses might end up doing if they get too out of hand.

Looks like the virus from this sim is self regulating though.  I think Eric might have actually set up some DNA costs with this in mind.  This virus would be the result.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
1000 hour zerobot sim
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 07:46:26 AM »
Yes, I think Eric has issued some DNA costs, the virus from the other(virus EricL) topic was a lot bigger the virus has even shrunk itself down. And for no real reason the dna length were after that not becoming any bigger and sometimes even smaller. I don't now I have said it but the reason the virus was spreiding so fast was becouse of the virus-spreider of the fight-bot. The virus itself without the virus-spreider was spreiding itself seldom and randomly.

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
1000 hour zerobot sim
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 04:38:05 AM »
this is probably the best simulation that has ever been made!
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
1000 hour zerobot sim
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 08:20:23 AM »
Quote from: fulizer
this is probably the best simulation that has ever been made!
Well, atleast the longest(I think), I think Testlund has the best results with zerosims, I just discovered that some of the sims he has posted came from evolving zerobots.

Are you trying to get your post-limit up or something like it, you're posting everywhere shortly after eachother.