Author Topic: Automatic Zerobot evolution  (Read 6643 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Zerobot evolution
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
No, it is a fixed value. It literally affects the mutation cap.

Let's say we are dealing with Point Mutations:

A value in Point Mutations of 1 is really naughty as the robot mutates all the time. We all know that. I am just using as example.
Due to how mutable my new mutation algorithms where, I had the opposite problem mostly.
The mutations value was getting very, very large. Therefore, the robots would just sit there for days w/o mutating.
I invented this type of cap to fix the problem.

A counter on how many mutations to allow is a different story.
Initially, I just had a time cap on how many mutations to allowed. About 4 seconds.  That did not cross platform very well if we are talking about safemode, due to the fact that each cpu runs at different rates. I ended up replacing it with a counter. I was configuring the counter before realizing that I may have a corrupt copy of vb, and maybe the whole OS. For reference, see the source code.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »
OK, so if I were to enter 1000 into that field, then Delta won't increase the rate above the rate set on the Mutation Probabilities dialog?

Example: If I put 10 into Point mutations and 1000 into Slowest rate DNA, then Delta won't raise the rate value above 10000?
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »
If I you put 1000 into Slowest rate DNA and the robot has 255 base pairs (we call them commands I think), the delta will not raise the rate value above 255,000.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
OK, in that case the sentence "Normalize default mutation rates and slowest possible rate based on DNA length" is pretty self-explanatory.  :D Thanks for the clarifaction though.  :)
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.