Author Topic: Neverending league match  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Neverending league match
« on: January 14, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »
First F1 league match between Vex mk1 and the new T. Mosquito.

Everytime Mosquito won five matches it would start the same match again at round 1.  
The only thing I can think of that I have done differently to normal is putting Mosquito straight into the league folder, can't see that being reason though.

Not expecting this to be repeatable, first time I've noticed anything like that happening. Will shut DB down and try again with my fingers crossed!

EDIT:
So much for superstition coming to my aid, the problem stayed even after restarts and moving the robot file out of the league folder. Even to the point of not being a problem if I entered a different bot then reappearing when mosquito was reentered.
I think there is another buddy drop I can try so I'll download that and see if it still causes problems.
The league folder and league.txt I am using are identical to the ones posted a couple of days ago as zips on the f1 league page.
(same problem with .9t, I guess I'll just run Mosquito through the shorbots league for now. )

Pff! Same problem appeared there. Seing as a couple of people have already run this bot through the F1 league I am perplexed.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:43:26 PM by Jez »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Neverending league match
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »
The problem and thanks to Macadamia Nuts pointing this out, was caused by having #'s in the comments. Once they were removed it all worked fine!
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams