Author Topic: Shot Energy Exchange Method  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Schigum

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Shot Energy Exchange Method
« on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »
Hi,
there are two methods:
Fixed and proportional.
The fixed one seems to be clear to me, but I'm not sure about the proportional one.
Proportional to what?
I thought, to the costs for the shot, but I ran a sim at 80% and it worked.
So what is it?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 03:03:48 PM by Schigum »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:36:59 PM »
Proportional to the amount of body the bot has.  Sorry that that isn't clear.  Lower proportional amounts mean that you need more shots to accomplish the same thing, which makes things like dog fighting take longer.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »
It wasn't clear to me either. You mean the bigger the bot is the more energy it will extract from another bot when shooting at it? How much energy will it get when shooting one shot at another bot?
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:54:05 PM »
So, a shot has a certain amount of "power".  The power an nrg feeding shot has when created is:

power =  20 * (body / 5) * (numties + 1) * log(shotval/2) / log(2)

So, being fat makes your nrg feeding shots quite powerful.  So does being a multibot or powering it up using .shotval.  But the shot power decays as a function of range (I.e. age of the shot) according to:

power = power * (Atn(shotage * 40 - 40)) / Atn(-40)

The amount of nrg a bot looses (I.e. releases in an nrg shot) when hit by an nrg feeding shot is a functiuon of the power of the feeding shot on the cycle it impacts plus some other things such as whether the bot is poisonous and int eh case of body feeding shots, how much shell it has and whether the target is a corpse.

The "Proportional" shots nrg method just applies a percentage multiplier to the first power calculation above.  100% is obvious.  10% makes shots 10X weaker.  200% doubles their power.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:58:55 PM by EricL »
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 07:30:35 AM »
In your latest drop, 2.42.9t the value was set to 10000% ! I'm sure I didn't touch that field, but I have changed it to 100% now.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »
Quote from: Testlund
In your latest drop, 2.42.9t the value was set to 10000% ! I'm sure I didn't touch that field, but I have changed it to 100% now.
The value comes from the sim.  Either you changed it at some point or there is a possible parse problem with sim files.  If you have a repro, let me know.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »
I just checked it by deleting the lastexit file and starting up the program, forcing it to the inbuilt default settings and the value was set to 10000% on proportional. That should either cause big berthas in no time or a cancerous explosion if I understand it correctly.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
Ah, got it.  In the absence of a default.set or lastexit.set, the internal defualts were setting it to 100, which when the dialog converted it to a percent, was 10000%.  

Nice find.

Fixed in 2.42.9u
Many beers....