Code center > Specialization, Metabolism, Digestions and Env Grid

Darwinbots enzyme system

(1/20) > >>

Numsgil:
Here it is, written into a document.  Lucky you.

Note that this is different from the system to specialize in actions like shooting and moving, etc.  Related, but seperate.

Botsareus:
Thats a nice document and all. But I still have no Idea how to design my own Enzimes , Shvartz did you get it? help me out.

If I can't understand it, I cant see what robots mutated and Injoy.

I think we need a Detailed document, describing each specific enzyme and muta-enzyme , ( what effects does this enzyme have on the motabolism of the robot? How do this enzymes look like incoded into the robot save file?)

Numsgil:
I specifically made it so you can't design your own enzymes per se, but you can run some simulations to find good ones.  And then make a document somewhere where you store your uber impressive enzymes.

Near the end of the document, you see this:

--- Quote ---My bot has mutated.  What are all these new enzymes doing?

Within the program an enzyme analyzer will be added.  Simply copy and paste an enzyme into the analyzer and it will tell you all the substances the enzyme acts one, what it turns those substances in to, and how efficiently it does all that.
--- End quote ---

So to figure out what an enzyme does you copy and paste it into a field and the program will tell you what it's doing.

Botsareus:
O , kool

PurpleYouko:
The good thing about this is that an almost infinite number of possible enzymes is available but we can never know the best ones except by trial and error.

Nice system  B)

The only thing I don't like is that the DNA file would be able to actively encourage an enzyme to be produced. Should leave it all down to behind the scenes nature to do that in the method described.

If it's in the stomach then digest it with available enzymes and eject the rest as waste which then just enriches the environment stored in the e-grid

How about a limit to the number of possible enzymes that a robot can produce. without a limit the robot could become the ultimate carnivore while still retaining photosynthesis.

Maybe certain enzymes have to be mutually exclusive but then even that will have problems. For instance I would like it to be possible for a photosynthesizing robot to gradually mutate carnivorous tendencies. The way I see it with this system (as it is outlined) the robot could become able to eat flesh without losing the photosynthesizing enzyme.

Again there would be no incentive for any robot to lose one specialization in favor of a different one. I also don't see how it could be a gradual change (taking from one to give to the other) Robots would tend to keep both and that would be just plain unfair  :(

:D  PY  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version