General > Biology

God doesn't play dice

<< < (2/14) > >>

Botsareus:
:( But I like rocket science :(

How about we make it like real life? We will have somthing like .jetup store seporatly that works like the old .up

Numsgil:
The .up, .dn, etc. will work like normal, it just means that you can't hit acceleration at some high value and go flying across the screen.  You have to pay for every movement you get.

Like this:
Imagine a bot does 5 .up store.

In the old veresion:

wow, the bot moves this far after infinity turns (that is, after friction stops it).

In the new version:

darn, that didn't get us far at all!  I guess we have to keep expending energy to go forward.

Botsareus:
The fun of rocket science is that if you shoot .jetup and then  .jetdx little by little you will be going of in an arc angle of about 45 degrees ,( nice)
Play some cr , you will se what I mean.

I dont like the looks of :

wow, the bot moves this far after infinity turns (that is, after friction stops it).

In the new version:

It means that robots have to waste a whole *eep* load of energy just to move to the next food source.

Make it fier for the bots Num

Numsgil:
That's actually the point of the article.  Real bacteria have to wiggle continuously to keep moving.  But they don't spend alot of energy to do it, maybe 10% of what they spend total.

PurpleYouko:
Ever watched a daphia water flee or a brine shrimp.

If they stop actively swimming they pretty much stop immediately.

For even smaller stuff like bacteria, water is a pretty viscous liquid. It is completely unrealistic for them to accelerate a bit then just coast.

Rockets only do this in a vacuum.

:D  PY  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version