Author Topic: Reinstatement costs doesn't work  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Reinstatement costs doesn't work
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:42:50 AM »
If you just use the cost overrides, not the dynamic costs, you will find that after it has gone below the treshold where the costs stops it wont start again even if population rises above reinstate treshold.

Also costX still can't be set to 1 sometimes. I've been struggling with this here this morning and kept restarting the sim forcing it to 1 but it changed to a lower value despite that the population wasn't below the lower treshold when using dynamic costs.

It may be difficult to reproduce this though.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Reinstatement costs doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:52:23 PM »
Quote from: Testlund
If you just use the cost overrides, not the dynamic costs, you will find that after it has gone below the treshold where the costs stops it wont start again even if population rises above reinstate treshold.
I can't seem to reproduce this as described.  It works for me.  Can you post a sim?

Quote from: Testlund
Also costX still can't be set to 1 sometimes. I've been struggling with this here this morning and kept restarting the sim forcing it to 1 but it changed to a lower value despite that the population wasn't below the lower treshold when using dynamic costs.

It's possible there is some strange interaction with the reinstatement level.  A sim would let me see what you have these set at, etc....
Many beers....