Author Topic: 'You need MSSTDFMT.DLL'  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Sprotiel

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
'You need MSSTDFMT.DLL'
« on: December 19, 2006, 08:45:48 PM »
Since 2.42.9L (or earlier), I get a runtime error 713 'Class not registered' whenever I try to access the custom costs panel. It's not really a problem since downloading the offending DLL AND typing "regsvr32.exe msstdfmt.dll" in the command box of Windows' Start menu solves it, but it might bother newbies.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
'You need MSSTDFMT.DLL'
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:38:29 AM »
Wow.  Interesting.  There's nothing special about the costs dialog - no special controls or anything, just a bunch of standard check boxes and single line entry fields...  and I've changed nothing I know of that could cause this.

Have you recently uninstalled something that might have unregisterred and removed the DLL?  But I don't understand why it occurs on the Costs dialog.  Strange.
Many beers....

Offline scood

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
'You need MSSTDFMT.DLL'
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
Quote from: Sprotiel
Since 2.42.9L (or earlier), I get a runtime error 713 'Class not registered' whenever I try to access the custom costs panel. It's not really a problem since downloading the offending DLL AND typing "regsvr32.exe msstdfmt.dll" in the command box of Windows' Start menu solves it, but it might bother newbies.
i have this same issue

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
'You need MSSTDFMT.DLL'
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
Did the suggested fix help?

I need to make a new installer part of the release process (and automate the release process while I'm at it).  That would fix these sorts of issues.