Author Topic: Disabling video output  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disabling video output
« on: December 14, 2006, 02:29:49 PM »
Don't know if it counts as a bug, was wondering if the screen showing the start position of the bots for each round was exacerbating the slight delay each time a round finished.

Man, each time a round finishes it interupts any typing I'm doing. If there is a quick fix for that it would be major league welcome...
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disabling video output
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:15:01 AM »
In 2.42.9q, I got rid of the initial field paint if the video is turned off.  Not sure this will address your typing issue however.  Is the window focus being stolen or it is just that DB steals a lot of CPU cycles when a round starts?
Many beers....

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disabling video output
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »
Window focus being stolen I think. Every time a round ends I have to click on the window I am trying to use to get the cursor back.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disabling video output
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »
Okay.  That's not fixed in 2.42.9q, but I can probably do something about that next drop.
Many beers....

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disabling video output
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 03:43:05 PM »
Thanks Eric. It's been like that since the leagues were put into DB so no rush if it's any problem.
Douglas Adams