Author Topic: Decaying shots in 2.42.9m  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Decaying shots in 2.42.9m
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:51:09 AM »
Wanted to enable shot decays (I'm using enitor comesum, so I'm talking as big as it gets), but found that it's been moved to a menu item!  The menu item isn't checked even though the default seemed to have it checked.  Checking and unchecking it fixed the problem, so this is pretty minor.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 10:22:17 AM »
I had to move it to a menu item since we have reached the limit on the number of controls VB allows on a single form with the options dialog.  As new features are added which really have to be on the options dialog because they are per-species or whatever, others that can and perhaps should be get moved elsewhere get moved.  I view the Shots... menu as the place to hang future shot features: if we want a toggle for making shots visible, for having some shots last longer than others, for viewing shot properties, etc.

Will address the initialization issue next drop.
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »
You can get around that VB limit on the number of controls by using arrays of controls.  It's been a while since I played with it, but using arrays you can have as many controls as you want.