Author Topic: Discerpo Inscribo  (Read 15116 times)

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »
Quote from: Jez
You can do anything you like in F1, the bots can be as nasty and devious as you wish.  

EDIT

Btw, if you don't want to keep quoting the last post just click on add reply at bottom rather than reply on post.

yes, not to sound rude or anything but I know, for me it just works better, because than you can be sure of whom I am replying to, not to mention its easier to reach

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »
Sorry,  

I just tend to open my mouth before my brain kicks in!
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 05:24:36 PM »
Don't be sorry, you were just trying to help

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 07:23:24 PM »
I looked at your weblink and blog btw, are we talking Medieval 2? Those pictures look very familiar.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »
I looked at your weblink and blog btw, are we talking Medieval 2? Those pictures look very familiar.

Wait, how did you know which blog was mine?  

Erm, I dunno, I just found the image on the internet

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »
er, click on your name;
click on strikeforceclan link;
figure you are 'Spire' because of DB post there;
click on memberslist;
click on Spire's Medieval Blog

Pretty sure Medieval 2, in game footage, am waiting for patch for game atm 'cause it's to poxy easy till they fix AI (and x amount of other probs)  I just thought that those pictures and you calling it Medieval Blog were linked!
Douglas Adams

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »
I just found a medieval picture on google and used it.

I could of just been a reader of the thread, then again, they were all too lazy to even look at it  , sorry for my failure to recruit new people

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 04:35:18 AM »
Quote from: kage
sorry for my failure to recruit new people
I wouldn't worry about it, it's not really a mass market game! More something for people with at least a cursory interest in AL or programming.
I've never had a friend take more than a cursory interest in the game, unless it's to stare at a running sim for a while and then ask if it means anything! LOL
Douglas Adams

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 09:28:14 AM »
Maybe if bots exploded into a mass of blood and mucous when they died, we could attract the more mainstream audience

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Maybe if bots exploded into a mass of blood and mucous when they died, we could attract the more mainstream audience
Fixed in 2.42.9j.
Many beers....

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 12:38:36 PM »
Rofl, where's the option box?..

EDIT

Your bot works now Kage, along with all the other F2 bots!

I suggest you add a veg search routine so it doesn't just sit still if it can't see veg and another repro gene for when it's not fighting tie bots. A good test is if your bots can cope in a sim against just veg.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:51:56 PM by Jez »
Douglas Adams

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 03:28:08 PM »
Rofl, where's the option box?..

EDIT

Your bot works now Kage, along with all the other F2 bots!

I suggest you add a veg search routine so it doesn't just sit still if it can't see veg and another repro gene for when it's not fighting tie bots. A good test is if your bots can cope in a sim against just veg.

I already got the repro thing coded in for the next discerpo...but I don't know how to code it in so that it can beat those lethal veggies in an all out pitched melee combat?

Offline Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil

Yeah and they should curse once in a while.    
cond
*.DBbugs 0 =
start
.rejoice inc
stop

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 04:21:51 PM »
Quote from: kage
I already got the repro thing coded in for the next discerpo...but I don't know how to code it in so that it can beat those lethal veggies in an all out pitched melee combat?
(As posted in league settings by Nums), check that your costs are proportional and at 100%. unfortunately using the league settings in the latest DB version tends to set this at zero, meaning your bot won't get any reward for firing shots. Tick and untick the F1 settings option first so that it is as close to default as possible.

It's not a code fault, it's a settings fault and Eric is working on the problem as we speak.
Douglas Adams

Offline kage

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Discerpo Inscribo
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 06:05:23 PM »
(As posted in league settings by Nums), check that your costs are proportional and at 100%. unfortunately using the league settings in the latest DB version tends to set this at zero, meaning your bot won't get any reward for firing shots. Tick and untick the F1 settings option first so that it is as close to default as possible.

It's not a code fault, it's a settings fault and Eric is working on the problem as we speak.

yay!