Code center > Suggestions

.botcount

(1/2) > >>

Zelos:
wouldnt it be a good idea to make the bot count the amount of bots it see? I think it would. in that way the bots can decied what angel to turn to based on the amount of bots it see inĀ“that angel. a idea for code could be .botcount1-9, like the .eye1-9 .botcount1 would count the amount of bots .eye1 sees and .botcount9 for eye9, you get the picture.

PurpleYouko:
It would be nice but it would probably be so memory intensive that the whole program would come to a virtual standstill.
At least it would under the present system. A new form of eye readbacks could possibly be developed but it would be tricky.

:D  PY  :D

Numsgil:
It wouldn't be too much harder, it would just mean adding an increment to count whenever one bot replaces another or is prempted by a closer bot.

Logistics aside, I think this would be unrealistic.  If you have a line 36 bots deep that are all lined up relative to your bot, you shouldn't be able to tell if there's 36 or 1.  You just see a large blob in eyecell X.

PurpleYouko:
You have a point there.

I don't think you are looking at it the same way that I was though.
The incremental counter would work fine for robots replacing each other in a particular eyecell but I think Zelos was suggesting a way to see bot density at a given time in a given eye instead of just the closest one.

Of course I may be wrong though.

PurpleYouko:
And to do that you would have to be able to calculate which ones are eclipsed by closer ones so it would involve a whole lot of math

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version