General > Bot Challenges

Bot Challenge!

(1/3) > >>

Elite:
Here's something that I thought would be fun, and stimulate innovation.

Rather than an ongoing league, I'm going to set little bot-engineering challenges for any takers to solve. I'll announce the rules, the DB version required, sometimes a sim file, and the objectives.

Challengers will have a a few weeks, specified beforehand, to come up with a solution and PM me their bot. Only one bot per challenger, and you should make sure it works before sending.

There will be three objectives, with increasing difficulty.

Completing the first, easiest objective will get you a bronze award. Completing the second objective, which is usually an extension of the first, will get you a silver award. Completing the third, which will usually contains a whole new level of difficulty, will get you a gold award.

Winners will be displayed in a bot challenge hall of fame.

Would it be possible for me to have my own subforum in 'General' for this?

In the mean time, use this thread to comment. What do you think of the idea?

Jez:
Elaborate please, I don't know what I think until I see an example challenge.

Just a guess; I'll get bronze every time because silver will involve doing it with ties and gold will involve doing it with MB's!  

Henk:
I like it  What's the first challenge?

Elite:
Here's an example challenge to keep you occupied until the real thing

The sim is attached. There's gravity, there's no top-down wrap, and there's no friction or costs. Movement sysvars (ie. .up, .dn etc.) are disabled.

There are some yellow bots. If they see your bot in the vicinity, they will tie to it, and spin round. Your bot will be attached on to the lowest bot and spun in this way.

If you use the tie to store 1 in memory location 51 of the yellow bot, then the yellow bot will expand the tie and launch you with some force.

The challenge: You are attached to the lowest yellow bot. Using the launch function of the yellow bots, build a bot to launch itself from bot to bot until it reaches the top.

Other examples will include mazes, MB challenges, and lots more. You'll have to wait and see

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's in 2.42.9e

Jez:
Ooh! It's like one of those puzzle games,   I've spent to much time watching Dawkins to do it tonight but will try it soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version