Code center > Dead-End and Solved Suggestion Requests

Advanced Randomness Generation Thread

(1/13) > >>

Botsareus:
Num Did you forget about this or what happend? I can understand you are doing enough Db work already

When you have time, explain to me how your virsion is supposed to work. Dont post more c++ or calcules because I wont understand. If you can explain it in somewhat english , I will be really happy to listin

B)  Bau B)

Numsgil:
The PDF with the function I'll be using isn't cut and paste friendly.

I can't explain it without using some calculus.  It's been put somewhwat on the back burner for a while as I get to other things.  There are several DNA changes I want to look into, and I'm letting all the ideas ferment in my head a while.

Botsareus:
Here attached is Prove that in the current Darwin Bots (2.35) Robots [you]Do Not[/you] evolve stuff like:

--- Quote ---*232
--- End quote ---
In The "cond" part , or the "start" part of the DNA.

Search for "*40" and you will find that T_Preservents has it in the "cond" part , and/or the "start" part of the DNA. T_Preservents started out with this code , it did not evolve it.

But then:

Search for any number with a * in the bigging and you will see that crazylga does not have any of it in the "cond" part or the "start" part of the dna.

This is good prove that stuff like that does not evolve , because:

1.)The simulation was ran for a while
2.)The crazylga is basicaly alga with no conditions and high mutation rates from the bigging. (alga does not have any memory manipulation in the bigging of the program)

So please fix this problem , make mutations work better.

(sorry , only a portion of the file fit)

Botsareus:
Num I seen you reading this; Did you Understand? Do you need more prove? (if so go ahead try your own experiments)

Or are you saying (like shvartz) that its going to be Quote: "To cheap and to good" ??

Numsgil:
Try this:

Disable all muations except for the one at the bottom called 'introduce a new variable'.  Set that one to 1.

Run a mutation sim.  Tell me what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version