Author Topic: Locale bug in settings  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Sprotiel

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Locale bug in settings
« on: November 15, 2006, 06:34:52 AM »
This bug is particularly manifest in cost settings but it seems to affect all settings with float values.

I have a french WinXP Pro and hence comma as default decimal separator. Here's what happens on my system:
Let's assume translational energy per bang is set to 0.1. When I click on "Custom simulation costs" and the costs panel appears, it's printed as "0,1" (note the comma). If I click on Okay without changing anything, the cost is changed to 0, which I can easily check by reopening the costs panel. If I want to leave the costs unchanged, I must manually replace each instance of a comma by a dot. Bizarrely, clicking on F1 Default yields dot-separated costs which are hence correctly applied when clicking Okay.

I guess the problem is a discrepancy between the output decimal separator, which is locale-dependent, and the input decimal separator, which is ".". Since DB is in english, the best solution would be to set both to ".".

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Locale bug in settings
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:36:20 AM »
Maybe Eric could change it so DB is compatible with using both "." and "," in values. The way to solve it right now is to go into your language settings in the control panel and change the decimal to ".".
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Locale bug in settings
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »
Yep, sorry about that but the program was kept up by a bunch of Americans.  I'm not sure if it is something that can be fixed easily.  The Visual basic run time libraries control this sort of behavior, as far as I know.