Author Topic: 2.42.9 Changes  (Read 11949 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.9 Changes
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 07:56:03 PM »
Bump.  2.42.8f released.

This one is pretty stable.  I will probably drop 2.42.9 within a few days if no one finds any serious issues with this drop, so please dowload and stress it over the next few days.  Thanks.
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.9 Changes
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 09:10:19 PM »
This is a bot with all the sysvars in it.  The DNA should be able to parse this back into sysvars, but it doesn't.  It just lists the corresponding numerical values.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.9 Changes
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 10:45:49 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
This is a bot with all the sysvars in it.  The DNA should be able to parse this back into sysvars, but it doesn't.  It just lists the corresponding numerical values.
The DNA detokenize routine appears to only treat base pairs as sysvars if the following base pair is type 7, namely a store, inc or dec command.  Otherwise, it is treated as a number.  I have not touched this area of the code, so likely this is how it has been for a very long time.  It does not appear that this issue impacts bot execution, only the reverse tokenization used to display DNA in human readable form in DNA portion of the bot properties dialog.  If you change the bot to have each sysvar followed by a bp of type 7,

1 .up store
2 .dn inc

then it detokenizes correctly.

I will look at this and see if I can do a better job of detokenization here, but I have to wrap my head around the whole DNA base pair type system and state machine first.  It's not immediatly clear to me for example, what the correct detokenization behaviour should be.  I just haven't looked at it very close.  But from what I can tell, the base pair type 0 appears to be used both for numbers and for sysvars and the interpretation of whether to treat a bp value as a sysvar or a number is a stateful decision, a function of the finite state machine executing the DNA.  Thus, it is not immedieatly clear to me that what the code is doing here is incorrect given the incorrect semantic use of sysvars in the bot file.  Any education appreciated.
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.9 Changes
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 11:42:48 PM »
Oh, right.  I forgot about that.

I was mostly testing to see if the parser is converting sysvars to their IDs correctly.  It looks like it is.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.9 Changes
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 12:25:54 PM »
Bump.  Buddy drop 2.42.8g released.  Please verify that the tie issues with 2.42.8f have been addressed.  Thanks.
Many beers....