Author Topic: Mutations disabled in 2.37.7g  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Mutations disabled in 2.37.7g
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:49:26 PM »
Despite that I have enabled mutations in the gui before I started a sim they appear disabled when I right click on a bot or veggie to display mutations.  

I'm going to run a sim through the night with standard bots to se how it works. If the mutations are indeed disabled then I wont see anything interesting tomorrow, will I?  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:02:47 PM »
AND it keeps crashing! I don't know how you people can stand 2.37.

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:20:26 AM »
Quote from: Testlund
AND it keeps crashing! I don't know how you people can stand 2.37.

I'm running 2.37.6b and thought it was a very stable version. I'll run a sim with mutations for several hours and see if does crash though, haven't really done any really long term sims yet.
There are ways to make it crash but thought that only applied to start of sims. I use F1 conditions so it might be one of the sim settings you are using that is causing a problem.

Anyway, are you checking both the mutations tab at top of GUI and Species/mutation rates bit? I have no problem getting bots to evolve.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 12:37:58 PM »
4.7 mil cycles later;

Filansevolved has evolved a bit further into a mindless 1 directional bot that shoots all the time and is still alive because it bumps into the odd veg. Average mutations ~ 460

If you want to post the sim settings you used I'll try it under those conditions to see if it has problems.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 07:23:51 PM by Jez »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 05:10:27 PM »
Try this one.

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 04:01:41 AM »
I have to delete 'animal minimalis' to get it to start, I don't know how set files work so it might be that I haven't got a copy of it. I'll find it later and add it to my bot collection just to make sure.
If I click on that bot in simulation settings/loaded species I get the ATTENZIONE!! message so it might be something wrong with that bots dna, a missing end perhaps.

Otherwise it seems to be ok, I'll leave it to run a while without 'animal minimalis'.

[Edit] for some reason it just confirmed it couldn't find that bot when I started it from a minimised window. reset path and it worked ok. Will run it with the 'g' version of db a bit later.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:07:57 AM by Jez »
Douglas Adams

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:59:28 AM »
It's because when you save a settings file it will use the file path specifically for that system, so you probably need to delete all bots and then go to the folder where you have your bots and add them manually, then you save the settings file again. Most if not all of the bots I used here is standard bots that comes with a default install.

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 05:17:59 AM »
Thanks, it was just the one bot it was having trouble with and that was one I was missing.

I've finally downloaded .7g and I can see what you meant about the mutations. However, if I change the mutations tab so the current multiplier is set on high then you will see vermis and triangulus mutate pretty quickly.

When I deleted and added a couple of the bots, resetting the values you had changed in the mutation control panel they mutated as I would have expected.

I was just about to say how it hadn't crashed yet but it just did.  

Perhaps this version isn't as stable as 2.37.6  

[edit] Took about 6hrs to crash by overflowing again. Ran a smaller sim with one non mutating bot for about 30 times more cycles ok though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 02:55:50 AM by Jez »
Douglas Adams