Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Ramiro

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Hi there
« on: August 27, 2006, 04:41:51 PM »
Hello

I am a biochemist from Argentina. I have found DBots recently and it seems very interesting. I tried some boring simulations with the default bots but I would like to try some of the ones that are posted in the BESTIARY section but I cant donwload them. I tried "save target as" already and left clicking but nothing. How can in download them?

Thak You

Offline Elite

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Hi there
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »
Welcome to DB  

All of the links older than the forum move got broken, so try copying the actual bot into a text document and saving it into the Darwinbots directory

For example, copy this into a text document and save it as Animal Minimalis.txt in your bots directory:

'Animal_Minimalis

'Contains everything necessary for it
'to survive and reproduce.

cond
*.eye5 0 >
*.refeye *.myeye !=
start
*.refveldx .dx store
*.refvelup 30 add .up store
stop

cond
*.eye5 50 >
*.refeye *.myeye !=
start
-1 .shoot store
*.refveldx .dx store
*.refvelup .up store
stop

cond
*.eye5 0 =
*.refeye *.myeye = or
start
314 rnd .aimdx store
stop

cond
*.nrg 20000 >
start
20 .repro store
stop

end

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Hi there
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »
Welcome, Ramiro. The best way imo is to just copy the code for a bot in the bestiary, create a .txt file and paste the code. Put the file in the robot folder. I suspect most of these bots are not compatible in version 2.42. It whould be nice if somebody could add what version of DB they created the bot for.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Hi there
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 05:21:54 PM »
Quote from: Elite
...try copying the actual bot into a text document and saving it into the Darwinbots directory....

Right. I guess we posted at the same time, Elite.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Ramiro

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Hi there
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 12:08:30 PM »
Thaks! I will try that. Are there any modifications needed for use the code with version 2.37.7b???

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hi there
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »
Simpler bots are going to work fairly well in either version.  Bots with a lot of code probably won't.  Other than that the best way is to try both versions and compare the differences

Offline Jez

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Hi there
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »
Hiya Ramiro, welcome to DB!

The code works much the same in different versions, older bots often don't have some of the newer abilities needed to survive in the newer versions of DB, some of the bots used bugs that have been fixed.

If you find a bot that doesn't work and want to know why then please feel free to ask!
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a non-working cat.
Douglas Adams