Author Topic: Got an email from Prinsesse Yasmine!  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Got an email from Prinsesse Yasmine!
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:33:47 AM »
I've started to get a lot of weird emails lately. Usually from people saying they are girls very interested in getting to know me, bla-bla. One I asked several times where she found my email address but she never told me. She kept writing to me despite that I stopped answearing her emails. Strange that someone can show such affection without knowing anything about me, not even what I look like. I was wondering if anyone else here has got such emails?

The other day I got an email from someone calling herself Princesse Yasmine that wanted to be my business partner and deposit 9 million dollars on my account to have them secured until later, as she put it. I was tempted to write back and say, 'Naa, I don't want to be part of a 9 million dollar business, I just want to sit at my computer'.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 07:36:36 AM »
Hehe spammers are getting wierder by the day it seems  
cond
*.DBbugs 0 =
start
.rejoice inc
stop

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 08:48:23 AM »
Worse than spammers.  

This is obvious Phishing.

They want to get your personal details so they can steal your identity. The one about depositing money in your bank account is the most common scam though it is usually some persecuted rich person from Africa rather than a Princess. I get 3 or 4 of these a year these days
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D