Author Topic: 2.42.7 bugs/questions  (Read 7375 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.7 bugs/questions
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »
Yea, this one has been there a long time.  It has to do with how the program calculates how to display the exactly dimensioned field on different screens with different dimensions.  I have one of those very rectangular monitors that can display two pages next to each other and its very pronounced.  I havn't botherred to fix it as 1) its complicated and necessitates digging into some core stuff I'd rather avoid if I can 2) is UI only and does not impact sim execution and 3) zooming all the way out makes it go away.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.7 bugs/questions
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 06:23:01 PM »
I don't know if it's any idea to point out bugs that are difficult to reproduce, but I got a crash here with the following message: "Error. Array temporarily out of range". It happend when I was running a sim at high speed and watching a bots info. It saved it as 'error.sim', but when I reloaded and did the same thing again it worked fine. Maybe you have seen it too?.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.7 bugs/questions
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 08:12:40 PM »
I suspect the Shots array.  That is why it doesn't repro from a saved sim as shots arn't saved.

I made some small changes to the Shots array redimension routine in 2.42.7a.  Were you running 2.42.7a or 2.42.7?

Any ideas how many shots you had at the time?
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.42.7 bugs/questions
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 08:50:42 AM »
I'm running 2.42.7. It has worked fine now. I'm over 1 million cycles.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.