Author Topic: ^^ still waiting for a better "force" system  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
^^ still waiting for a better "force" system
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »
I love the planet eater option, but I hate it when I can not create other forces not even something quadratical to radius although that would be easy to calculate.
I mean an repulsive force that grows with distance would for example be intzeresting to make stable alga colonies. So plz give me atleast amultiplicator for the radius (if this multiplicator is smaller than 1 the force will grow)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 03:11:02 PM »
Try putting negative numbers for "G", and see if that gives you something you're after.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 04:45:56 PM »
^^ I already know you can put negative numbers into it, do not take me for stupid damn it, but its still a force that gets weaker with distance.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:46:20 PM by Welwordion »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »
I didn't mean it as a "you're stupid" remark; it's certainly not something that's intuitive.

Repulsive forces that increase with distance... would seem to be incredibly unstable to me.  I don't think it'd do what you might think you want it to do.

That said, custom forces wouldn't be too hard to implement once a scripting system gets implemented.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 08:54:10 PM »
I might add that you are welcome to make modifications to the source yourself and implement your own ideas.  If you implement something others may be interested in, I would be happy to merge any changes you make into the mainline if they are well architected and relatively self contained.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:54:38 PM by EricL »
Many beers....