Author Topic: Disaster  (Read 12021 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 02:46:26 PM »
Dinosaurs weren't as stupid as people thought years ago.  They were just very specialized.  Many of them exhibited pack hunting (velociraptor) which is a very advanced behavior and takes alot of forethought and planning.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 03:06:36 PM »
maybe, but they still never had a TV ;) which is much better :D
I know that some dinosaurs had "schools" they put their children in when they were hunting, some parents watched all the children while the others hunted, then they shared the food some, or took care of the parents who were watching the kids kids. but still the children never learned 1+1=2 which we humans do when we are very young, even before we speak :D
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 03:17:29 PM »
No one's arguing that dinosaurs were sentient, but they were actually very intelligent creatures (the Dromeosaurids anyway).

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 03:45:58 PM »
Stegosaurus even had two brains.

:lol:  PY  :lol:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 01:13:52 AM »
they had 2 brains, just like us. but inteligent were they never, why doesnt we find anything that an inteligent bieng would make, if they were iteligent?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 02:03:20 AM »
LOL, not like us!

Two brains - one in the head, one in the butt  :)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 02:06:52 AM »
Intelligent -  Showing sound judgment and rationality

Sentient -  Having sense perception; conscious

Some dinosaurs sentient?  Unlikely (though certainly not impossible).

Some dinosaurs intelligent?  Yes.  Pack behavior implies the ability to work together as well as plan in the future.

Note that technology does not imply sentience, or vice versa.  Our ancestors were not less intelligent or less entient than we are today, even though we have better technology.  In fact, our ancestors existed for thousands of years at just about our intelligence level without anything but the most rudimentary technology.

So it is not impossible at all that some velociraptor cousin reached sentience at some point in time.  However, we have no proof that sentience insures survivability.  Intelligence costs alot of energy to maintain, so it is only evolutionarily advantageous to have it if it means you can find food easier.

So a sentient group of dinosaurs could have come and gone.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:12:11 AM by Numsgil »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 02:12:29 AM »
we humans have a brain in our butt. its alot of nervers around our tripa. which is bieng called a second brain, coz it work independed from the brain. scientist belive that the big brain, which we humans have and other animals, come from that brain. some nervers wonder from there to start a bigger brain. they belive this coz at every animal that part of the neural net is well developed, unlike the big brain

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 02:21:40 AM »
If this is what you're talking about, you better rethink your position.  Please don't post erroneous information :bash:

Our brain came to develop as a single conglomeration of nerve cells.  They most certainly did not first develop in the butt!

As for any brain like organ anywhere in a chordata's except its head, it's a lie!

Please read this article.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 02:25:46 AM »
whats most important? to get energy, or analyze tha data from primetive senses which gives only little information about the sourrunding? and I am not posting erroneous information. im just posting what ive read,  :angry: adn how can the brain have started evolve in the head, when tehre was no head to evolve in? first organism was primetive and had no head, like a starfish, it doesnt have a head, but still a brain :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:31:09 AM by zelos »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 11:55:22 AM »
Hmm, thanks Nums for pointing out about the second brain myth.  I was not aware that it was disproved.

By the way, when looking up info on how brains work, I've stumbled upon an interesting page, which appears to be an answer sheet to some exam.  It has lots of fun info about brains: http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs182/a..._-_Solution.pdf

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 07:41:18 PM »
No games, having a brain's been a total disaster for all of us - would be much happier without it.  Let's just all submit our wills to the government!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 09:10:26 PM »
:banghead: Lol yea , I need to wait a while before I post more stuff , ...  :pengysmiley:

Bau
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 09:27:08 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 12:56:59 AM »
when its about the brain in the ass, how could dinosaurs get a brain in the ass from nowhere? its most lilky it evolved fromtsomething taht was already there

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Disaster
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 01:05:48 AM »
As Nums said, there was no brain in the ass.  Just a bunch of nerves that happened to be bigger than real ping-pong-size brain.