General > Off Topic

Oooh Snow!

(1/4) > >>

Old Henk:
Hi,

We were crying for snow with christmas, and now it has come... in march...
Even though snow's pretty, it did cause lotsa problems here in the Netherlands (don't know about the rest of europe.)
I take the bus to school everyday (about 20 KM away), and the bus was very late this morning (even later than usual ;) ) after a terrible 50 minute drive, which usually lasts 20 minutes, I got to school.

Because I was late I only had 10 minutes of chemistry, and then it was all over as the school closed. Then I friend of mine got a SMS (text-message) that all busses had stopped doing there lines...  :blink:  :blink:  :wacko:

Luckelly A friend's father brought me home, but still it was a very weird day. I sure din't expect it when I got up at 06.30 this morning...

Anyway, I don't think I'll be going to school tomorrow...  :sly: And id you want to see some nice pictures of the snow, go here:
 http://www.nu.nl/news.jsp?n=490509&c=10 (the text is in dutch but the pics aren't :) )

So, how was the snow elsewhere?

*runs out to play in the snow*
:outahere:

MightyPenguin:
I hate snow.

We've been ankle deep for the last three weeks or so. It's doing my head in. The only thing worse is sand.

PurpleYouko:
Haven't really had much this year. It all seemed to skirt us completely.

First time it went North of Missouri (we got about half inch) then ended up splatting New York and Boston.

Second time it went South of Missouri (we got about an inch that time) and still ended up splatting new York and Boston.

I'm SOOO glad I don't live in the North East.  :laugh:

:D  PY  :D

Numsgil:
Western Kentucky is a no man's land of weather.  Other than raining like 5 times a week we get no weather of any kind.  Pretty temperate.  No snow.  Rarely lightning.  Never any serious storms.

Zelos:
I hate snow, I want more heat and less snow. what shall I do to get it? I know, I´ll burn more coal and oil so the global warming increase (sweet) and I need alot of burping cows :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version