Author Topic: A bad week  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« on: March 01, 2005, 01:04:14 PM »
All the top bots use a version of this these days.
Is that a challenge?  :pokey:

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 03:41:19 PM »
No not really, just a fact. Excluding large MB tanks that is.

:rolleyes:  PY  :rolleyes:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 07:03:13 PM »
cond
*.robage 1 =
  ' robot is aged one cycle
start
.delgene inc
  ' puts a 1 in .delgene
  ' bye bye tie!
stop

All the top bots use a version of this these days.

:lol:  PY  :lol:
I must have missed the deleting your own genes trick, must be where I have been going wrong :blink: :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 07:08:15 PM by Light »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 09:35:27 AM »
I must have missed the deleting your own genes trick, must be where I have been going wrong 

Oops  :redface:

I meant deltie

Original post has been edited.

Funny how it took this long for anyone to notice though.

:D  PY  :D
and those who don't

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 10:19:19 AM »
lol you've still got .delgene inc  :D

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 11:37:51 AM »
Oh Bollox! :banghead:

I'm having a bad week and it's only Wednesday.

:wacko:  PY  :wacko:
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 12:20:11 PM »
yeah, blame a "bad" week, are you absolutly sure its a bad week? everything is relative you know. I think there is ppl who have a truly bad week, like ppl in africa ;)

ps: im just joking whit you  :outahere:
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 02:30:14 PM »
Here you judge for yourself. This is what is going down right now.
  • A good friend of mine who has been sick with pancreatic cancer for some time, died last night.
  • My wife's grandmother's partner (not her grandfather but still close) died on Monday night after a massive stroke at the weekend.
  • I am short handed at work, having recently lost 2 of my lab techs so I am working 14-18 hour days this week to help keep up with the enormous workload that has just been dumped on me.
  • The refinance of my house has just fallen through. (may be fixable but the delay is costing me loads)
  • My daughter wants to go to a college that is going to cost me $17,000 per semester.
  • I will be lucky to come up with $1,700 per semester.
  • My wife is depressed. (see notes 2 through 6 for reasons)
  • My mother in-law is flying in from England this Friday and staying with us for a week.
  • My wife is a shopaholic, particularly when she gets together with her mother.
  • My credit cards are already maxed out, hence the reason for item 4.
  • I didn't get to go to PittCon this year (in Florida). I went last year (in Chicago).
  • I am currently choking on a bottle of Raspberry ice flavored Sunny D sport drink that went down the wrong way while eating my lunch.
  • I have a bad back.
  • The satelite TV company that I am with have just jacked up their prices and I am stuck in a 2-year contract with the bastards. I have to pay them $180 to break it but it is still cheaper to do that and sign up for cable than to keep on paying their exhorbitant rates.
  • I am going to miss my Dungeons and Dragons game tonight. (see item 3)
Other than that everything is just great  :(  Relatively speaking that is.

:unsure:  PY  :unsure:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:32:25 PM by PurpleYouko »
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 02:31:44 PM »
This is SOOO going off topic.

Let's keep this kind of talk in the general board from now on.

:wacko:  PY  :wacko:

Edit: All but first post in this thread moved from tips and tricks to general.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:36:48 PM by PurpleYouko »
and those who don't

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 09:33:21 PM »
I can't compete with that, but as long as we're telling our sob stories...

I got to college with 60 hours from AP tests teaken in highschool.  I pushed myself hard to try and graduate in a year and a half.  I got as far as needing 19 hours to graduate, and now I can't seem to complete those last few classes.  I was supposed to graduate last semester, and it doesn't even look like I'm going to graduate this semester.

Also, it's been years since I've had a serious girlfriend.  This inevitably leads to depression.  Depression means you guys get new versions of Darwinbots (I program when I'm stressed.  I find it relaxing).

Ironically, there is a friend I think is interested in me now, but it's not the same girl I'm interested in.  Meaning that I'm torn between the two, and will inevitably fail in both.

Oh, and my parents stress me out, constantly harping on me for my inability to complete school.  They'll probably pull the plug on me financially after this semester, meaning I will have to probably get a job in the summer, which can't possibly earn enough to pay for college next semester and will in the process stress me out more.  All this means that I have no where I can go 'home'. School is stressful, 'home' is stressful.  Uck.

Still, no one's died.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 12:31:02 AM »
I wont argue about it was a bad week. if it so bad you can look forward. after rain comes sunshine, you know ;)
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 09:03:22 AM »
depends where you live.

In my experience, after rain comes a load more rain and then maybe a bit of snow and hail stones the size of small helicopters that trash your car and make holes in your newly installed roof.

Actually that stuff wasn't meant as a sob story. It may all be true but it doesn't really depress me. I have a pretty bright disposition usually.

You will very rarely see me taking anything completely seriously.

:lol:  PY  :lol:
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 12:56:47 PM »
thats just a phrase we have in sweden, it tells you that after it have been bad it can only get better

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »
Yeah I knew exactly what you meant Zelos. They have that saying pretty much everywhere.

Just being pedantic again  :laugh:

:lol:  PY  :lol:
and those who don't

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
A bad week
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 01:27:14 PM »