Author Topic: Gardener veggie  (Read 2602 times)

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Gardener veggie
« on: May 03, 2006, 05:12:37 PM »
After being reminded of my old attempt at a gardener veggie, in a recent topic, I decided to go back and have a nother shot at it.

This time I took the code for Destinatus preliator and modified it somewhat. The result is a veggie that chugs around the screen trying to find other robots then shooting them with energy. It also forces them to reproduce by firing an mrepro shot at any one that has more than a couple of thousand energy.

You can find it Here in the bestiary

Use it with a very simple bot and see if you can make anything useful evolve. I tried it overnight with a special bot that has nothing but a gene that makes it slowly move in a straight line. I needed something to drain its energy or the screen would just fill up with stupid-bots

This morning I found a little over 4000 bots that had all lost the ability to move.

I am thinking of doing the same thing again but with a script to kill any bot that loses .up from its genome.

Don't forget to make it an autotroph or you won't get far.  

Darn it.  
They are finding ways around it.  

They keep the .up but don't store anything in it.

I might have to reprogram the gardener bot to clear the weeds out.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Elite

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Gardener veggie
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 05:20:33 PM »
Maybe get it to 'evaluate' the bots it sees and then decide wether to reward the bot with energy and make it reproduce, or cull it.

Maybe get it to automatically kill fixed or stationary bots?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Gardener veggie
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 05:24:30 PM »
Some bots may be stationary for a good reason, like they are stuck in a big mess of other bots.

What I will probably do is set .memloc to look directly at the target bot's .pain value to see if it is spending energy. If it isn't then the gardener will dispose of it to prevent overpopulation.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D