Author Topic: Darwinbots 2.48.32  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Darwinbots 2.48.32
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:04:49 AM »
Only changes to my survival fitness algorithms and few minor bug fixes. Mostly added balance functions. If you are not using my fitness algorithms then really no need to update:

Added another mutation correction algorithm to fix "robot never changed" events.

Added rule to revert one stage if robots evolve something really unstable and above rule does not help.

For DNA size correction simply based on DNA file now.

Bug fix: If a shot reaches maturity and flashes at the same time, preference flash.
Bug fix: Ignore negative energies for fittest

For zerobot algo. automatic restart after 500 stages. Findbest for zerobot ignores families with cancerous robots.

Ideal settings for evolving zerobots
Disallow fixing or unfixing
Disable chloroplats
Sine wave mutation oscillation 10 at 20x and 60 at 1/20x
333 Delta2 cycle interval for point mutations
Normalize DNA length * 100 slowest rate to * 200
I generally have P2 mutations enabled but complete zerobots usually do not have many. (Maybe in later versions it will be wise to limit P2 mutations a bit rather then getting rid of them completely)
Kill greedy robots ON, Limit body 2500.
You may not get a good result from the first try. My most recent zb took 10 "universe restarts" to evolve.
Note: Zerobot evo. is currently optimized for smaller feild areas

In general set slowest rate to * 10000 for survival evolution mode.

click here to download

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Darwinbots 2.48.32
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »
Anyway, I am happy with the way everything works and going mia for a while. Be back later to run some leagues.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
What about Internet Mode? Is that gone and forgotten?
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
I do plan on setting up IM with my university and get vegy ecosystems actually evolving. However the code for that will not be open source, I am also thinking about getting rid of vb6 for a more powerful language that will hopefully be better at describing errors. Also plan to setup automatic leagues. Settings and DNA should be backwards compatible with DB2. Probably host the installer downloads and automatic updater from university website as well. Do prefer to keep the forum and the wiki here and hope Numsgil and Shasta are ok with it.

I just got tired of the trolling and the possibility that people can screw with normal internet mode behavior because the project is currently open source. As explained before I also had personal stuff going on too. I think I pissed Peter off and do not know if he is willing to get IM working and there seems to be little interest in it right now. I would like to see IM working though...

If I get to do my own IM I will make sure to discourage hacking as much as possible starting with the fact that it will not be open source. I am also planning 3 separate IM modes and 4 automatic league types.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
One nifty thing I am also planning is having human controlled playerbot armies battle each other over IM.