Author Topic: Problem properly running 2.42  (Read 3644 times)

Offline groomble

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Problem properly running 2.42
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:07:36 AM »
I', entirely new to this whole scene, I just downloaded versions 2.1 and 2.42 from here http://www.darwinbots.com/WikiManual/index...?title=Main_FTP

When I first ran 2.42 it gave me the error

"The default settings file is incomptable with this version. you can save your settings to default.set to create a new one. Settings not loaded."

Then when I say okay and start a simulation it says
"Error. Division by 0. Saving sims in save directory as error.sim"

WHAT HAVE I DONE !? and more importantly ... what ought I do now ?

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 03:55:25 AM »
I also had that error at the start, try loading another setting or deleting the bots in the list and adding some new ones, best save those settings and then try again. If that not work try deleting the default settings and if I remember right there is now a default setting file with 2.42 you should  insert into the setting folder to replace the old default. Basically, its just an error of compatibiliy with the old default file.

Offline Elite

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 06:07:51 AM »
I beleve I posted a replacement settings file in this thread (as text - just save as default.set)

Enjoy  

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 10:27:33 AM »
Sorry about this one.  I've fixed the divide by zero thing in the forthcoming 2.42.3, so that when people do this, at least the thing won't crash.  I'll keep whacking away at these kind of bugs so the first time experience is better....
Many beers....