Author Topic: Need the right conditions  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Need the right conditions
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 03:44:01 AM »
hm you mean using tieloc and tieval? However in this case th bot needs to monitor the value to decide if he wants to copy it. So instead of using a new memory location as clipboard does it not make more sense using tmemloc and tmemval who are supposed to work that way naturally?

(bye the way this has nothing to do with the failure I had, as the bot should have read his own .out3 value not the one from his tied partner)

ok this was really strange, the complete bot copies refxpos correctly into out3 however fails to copy the value from out3 into out1, so  I made a test bot only with the 3 resbonsible genes (even deleted some conditions)

cond
.eye5 8 =
start
.eye5
stop

cond
*.refeye *.myeye =
start
*.in1 .out3 store
stop

cond
*.refeye *.myeye !=
start
*.refxpos .out3 store
stop

cond
start
*.out3 .out1 store
stop

end

However the only result was that this testbot could not even see something in in1 or .refxpos in fact when I clicked on his field of vision it was always empty even when there where bots in it.

Note: I found out this problem only occurs when there is a lack of conditions like
*.eye5 40 >. After I corrected that  the genes worked fine (strangely why does it not work in the big bot?).

I could correct the failure , its seems I stored they y coord also into out1(well they y coordinates storing and reading is still alittle buggy)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 07:23:17 AM by Welwordion »