Author Topic: The GUI again!  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The GUI again!
« on: March 28, 2006, 08:47:12 AM »
I found out why my simulations have been running so stable. The bots weren't losing any energy. Everytime one starts a new simulation or loads a save, one have to make sure all the settings in the GUI are the same as before. For example, If I quit the program and then start it again, the following has changed: NRG for corpse mode isn't selected. So I have to select that everytime. On the Physics and costs tab the fluid isn't selected. Have to select that again. If I click on Advanced costs the values are usually as I set them before, that is by pressing the F1 default button. If I click Okay here and then click on Advanced costs again, the values have changed. I have to click on F1 default everytime I go in here before I click Okay. This is what was causing the imortal state of my bots. When I load a save I have to make sure the default values are active and then click change. So I've been running a nice 1000000 cycles sim just to find out I've been fooled.

By the way, could someone give an explanation what all the stuff means on the advanced costs tab? I'm not sure if the default values here are close to realism. There are some that are set to 0 wich whould mean the bots aren't using any energy doing those operations. Is that natural? I know a human can't even breath without using some energy. What about microorganisms?
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The GUI again!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »
"Realism" doesn't really apply when you're talking about most costs for the bots.  F1 default is what previous versions have been like.  Really as long as theres a consistant energy sink, you should be alright.

Even with all costs set to 0, you might have a stable energy flow if your bots are sloppy and inefficient enough feeders.