Author Topic: 3-bot sim  (Read 12088 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 12:40:48 PM »
Ok, I guess I missunderstood. I just copied the text from your uploaded file and created 3 textfiles wich I then loaded from the species tab. As simple as that.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 12:43:12 PM »
OK, I'm glad it worked.

BTW, I also don't use mouse to select anything - just click somewhere in the text and press Ctrl-A  ;)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 01:29:58 PM »
Yeah-yeah, it's faster! Blah-blah!  :D

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 06:41:40 PM »
That was quick, in 700 000 cycles Carnatus Orbis mutated and got so good at eating Alga shellular that it wiped out all veggies and the whole sim died.  It also adapted in a way that Hunter cannot thrive on it anymore.  I see Hunters attacking Carnatuses and eating them, but after a while all of them are dead.  Can't figure out what happens to them...

I caught this whole thing on population graph. See attached pic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:07:13 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
The predator troughs are pretty low it looks like.  The Herbivore probably didn't have to get a whole lot better.  Just make the Predator's natural cycle dip a little bit more and they go extinct.

Edit: I've moved the posts like you asked, but your attached pic isn't showing up for me for some reason anymore.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:08:04 PM by Numsgil »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 07:12:39 PM »
OK, thanks.

I'm reposting the pic here.

As far as your comment - the troughs are not that shallow - look at the numbers, the middle line is at 440 bots.  Anyway, I tried to re-introduce the Hunters back by inserting a whole bunch of them right next to "nests" of the Carnatuses - and they eat a bit, but die out.  I'm pretty sure Carnatuses got resistant to Hunters somehow.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:15:30 PM by shvarz »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 07:14:35 PM »
By the way, since we are talking about predator cycles - don't you find it curious that the predator cycles seemingly without any dependance on the herbivore population?  And it was not just a fluke - I saw these cycles consistently.  Can't figure out why that happens...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
Hmm, that is interesting.  I don't know the bots you're using well enough to voice an opinion.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 03:14:25 AM »
OK, thanks.

I'm reposting the pic here.

As far as your comment - the troughs are not that shallow - look at the numbers, the middle line is at 440 bots.  Anyway, I tried to re-introduce the Hunters back by inserting a whole bunch of them right next to "nests" of the Carnatuses - and they eat a bit, but die out.  I'm pretty sure Carnatuses got resistant to Hunters somehow.
My graphs never looks like this. I guess you know better how to set up your simulation because you know better what everything in the GUI means and what the bots needs to survive. Tried your bots yestereve but they all keep dying out. Tried different field sizes and different amount of bots. I'm going to play around with it today and see if I can get a working sim. I think this ecosystem idea is very interesting. Whould like to get it to work.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 09:00:20 AM »
I finally managed to evolve a bot, or maybe I was just lucky with the simulation this time, that stayed alive for several hours. Unfortunately they all got in a clump and now nothing happens. It's like they get frozen in time where no one dies or multiplies. I think it happens when you have Planet eaters checked, even if it's just a value of 1. Boo!  :ph43r:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:00:47 AM by Testlund »

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:03 AM »
OK, I double-checked.  Carnatus evolved to mimick Hunter's "own species" recognition.    I don't have enough expertise to go and dig through the code to find out how they did it, but they certainly did - Hunters don't shoot at them.  It's a bit strange, because in the original sim I saw Hunters shooting at least at some of Carnatuses, but now I made a new bot from that evolved species and started new sim and Hunters don't hunt anymore...  Maybe in the original sim both resistant and sensetive species were co-exisiting, because the presence of resistant species crippled Hunters enough for sensetive species to survive at low numbers.

I doubt anyone would care enough to try and figure it out, but here's the DNA of the evolved Carnatus.  
Code: [Select]
cond  *.nrg  6000  >  *.eye5  0  != start  add  35  .repro  store  *252  2  rnd  50  store  150  458  *399  store stop cond  *.robage  0  = start  330  inc  *.myeye  .refeye  store  455  .vloc  store stop cond  *.robage  1  = start  467  inc  628  .aimdx  store stop cond  *.eye5  60  <  *.vel  20  < start  add  576  5  .up  store stop cond  *.eye5  0  >  *.eye5  50  <  *.numties  0  = start  *.maxvel  *.vel  sub  .up  store stop cond  *.eye3  *22  !%= -86  *969  >=  *.eye1  *.eye9  != start  mult  store  *.eye9  *.eye1  873  sub  4  mult stop cond  *.eye5  30  <  *.eye2  *.eye8  !=  *.eye2  *.eye8  != start  mult  mult  mult  mult  *.eye8  *.eye2  sub  3  *923  inc stop cond  *.eye5  30  <  *.eye2  *.eye8  !=  *.eye2  *.eye8  != start  mult  mult  mult  mult  *.eye8  *.eye2  sub  3  *923  inc stop cond  *.eye5  40  <  *.eye3  *.eye7  !=  *.eye3  *.eye7  != start  mult  *.eye7  *.eye3  sub  2  mult  inc stop cond  *.eye4  *.tielen2  != start  mult  *.eye6  *.eye4  sub stop cond  *.refeye  0  >  *.eye5  20  >  *.robage  0  != start  900  *226  mult  288 stop cond start  .aimdx  store stop cond  *.eye3  0  !=  *.tiepres  0  !=  *.tiepres  0  != start  70  inc  dec  71  inc stop cond  *.tiepres  0  !=  *.tiepres  0  !=  *.tiepres  0  != start  *880  70  inc  *594  71  inc stop cond  *70  1  = start  145 -3  .tieloc  store -3  .tieloc  store  25 -23  .tieval  store  *.sun  .tienum  store stop cond  *70  1  = start  145 -3  .tieloc  store  25  .tieval  store  *.tiepres -889  .refshoot  store  1697 stop cond  *70  1  > start -1  .tieloc  store  *896 -3000  .tieval  store  *.tiepres  .tienum  store stop cond  *.refeye  0  =  *.eye4  *.eye6  =  *.eye5  40  >  *.numties  0  = start  500  rnd  .tie  store -23 stop cond  *70  0  >  *.numties  0  = start  0  70  store stop cond  *.nrg  1000  > start  100  rnd  100  rnd  .strbody  store stop cond  *.waste  100  > start  div  374  *.waste  257  .shootval  store -4  .shoot  store  add  1  mult  .backshot  store stop end

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 11:27:23 AM »
I thought I'd post the "mutations details" from this bot, but it turns out saved sims don't carry this info.  Nums, take note of this for the new version.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
You were using 2.37 right?

Unless I'm mistaken, I think I fixed this for 2.4.  Somone would need to check.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 01:18:40 PM »
I'm not quite sure what th eproblem is with saving the robot's DNA.

It works fine on my system.

You right click the robot then choose "Save Robot's DNA" from the list. It creates the DNA file from there.

What exactly are you guys trying to do?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Griz

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
3-bot sim
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:13 PM »
I'm not quite sure what th eproblem is with saving the robot's DNA.

It works fine on my system.

You right click the robot then choose "Save Robot's DNA" from the list. It creates the DNA file from there.

What exactly are you guys trying to do?
that would be the best way PY ...
but I couldn't do it that way as the program would freeze
on me when I did.  don't know why.  this was with 2.4.
so ... opening the robot info file, and looking at the dna ...
one can highlight it with the mouse, but not save it.
Testlund experienced the same thing.
shvarz apparently could do it from there ...
as his combined bots file he uploaded has all the 'gene stops' in it.
so we were trying to figure out how he did that.
eventually, I found that once hilighted, I could save it using
ctrl C and then it can be pasted into notepad.
不知
~griz~
[/color]
   "The selection of Random Numbers is too important to be left to Chance"
The Mooj  a friend to all humanity
[/color]