Code center > Suggestions

Senses

(1/9) > >>

Zelos:
we all know we have 5 senses, vision, sense of touch, sense of hearing, sense of smell and sense of taste. but in db we only have vision and sense of touch to know what happen around them. I think it would be good whit  smell and hearing. this 2 are also distance senses. each sense would have its advantage and disadvantage, like:
vision: short range, lots of info about the bot
hearing: medium range, medium info about the bot
smell: long range, little info about the bot
what do you think guys?
 B) zelos B)

Numsgil:
I'm not sure about hearing (if a bot drops in a forest and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? :P) but we could tie 'smell' to the env grid.  Bots could 'smell' what's in the particular sector they're in right now.

We could also allow custom proteins to be stored in the env grid.  Basically hormones!  Ant bots for real now!

There are some other senses animals have.  Fish have their lateral lines, which help in detecting movement around them, helping them to stay in schools.  I'm not sure how all of it'd work.

Old Henk:
Dont forget we've also got touch in DB.
being (correct me if wrong)
feeling other bots
.hitup
.hitdn
.hitdx
.hitsx
.hit

feeling shots
.shup
.shdn
.shdx
.shsx
.shflang
.shang

PurpleYouko:
I like the idea of smell. It would have to work witht he e-grid.

What I see as a possible method is for the bots to smell a 3 by 3 grid (stores in an array) with their current location in the centre. The readback would tell them which of these 9 grid locations has the highest concentration on each level and which has the lowest.

Have to think about this a bit but it seems like a very good use of the e-grid.

Hearing is not so great. It would be difficult to employ but who knows what will happen by V4.0. Could be a useful directional tool.

:D  PY  :D

Zelos:
henk, I said sense of touch.
the hearing would be good coz then the bot can hear if osmething is coming from the behind. a bot who is runing for a prey (the hearing bot) would make alot more sounds than some1 who is going slowly to attack it. but whit smell we cant get a really good ant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version