Author Topic: Hivebot communication  (Read 10152 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 01:31:44 PM »
I think 2.4 is definately becoming a little more ANSI.  What about your bot doesn't work well in 2.4 abyaly?

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 01:34:05 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
I think 2.4 is definately becoming a little more ANSI.  What about your bot doesn't work well in 2.4 abyaly?
Well, it can no longer break birth ties. And it's a mystery to me why so many bots die off while eating.
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »
We should spend some effort to try and see why it's not working.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »
I'll second that. If there is some aspect of 2.4 that is causing these problems then it needs to be located and fixed.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 03:22:52 PM »
FYI, I plan to just keep pounding away on 2.4, knocking off the problems preventing 2.37.6 bots from running correctly.  I'm just going to keep at it until one of three things happens:  1) I get there, 2.4 is 100% ANSI relative to 2.37.6 and everybody is happy that there are no significant compatability differences between the versions 2) 2.5 comes along AND everyone looses interest in the VB version(s) or 3) I burn out.

Leagues are on my list for 2.4, but not top of the list   I suggest we not set the predecdent that there are two different leagues for the two different versions just yet, at leat not for reasons having to do with ANSI incompatabilities.  Rather I suggest we keep the "official" leagues on 2.37.6 until the functional differences between the versions that impact combat bots are essentially nil.  At that point, we can decide to run a special 2.4 league for bots that take atvantage of entirely new capabilities in 2.4+ if we want, but I don't think we should have two leagues simply because of "ANSI" incompatabilities.

I really appreciate that everybody keeps trying to use 2.4.  It really helps me make progress.  I know there is still a ways to go.
Many beers....

Offline Elite

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 03:49:24 PM »
Quote from: abyaly
Making it able to kill una was much harder than making it able to beat The One or the SG version of swarm. Had a rock/paper/scissors thing going for a while. Although Una 1 still rapes it  

That's because the first Una cheats by info shooting 32000 into .up

Una 3.0 doesn't cheat like that. The 3.0 version has a new enemy evaluation system and some major design flaws that I found were corrected. Una 3.0 was also my attempt at making a 'cleaner' bot that may work better in 2.4

BTW, I hope the movement commands have been limited in 2.4

It is also possible to use such an 'instant-kill-cheat' shot with the .strpoison, .strvenom, .mkslime and .mkshell commands

There should probably be a rule against using it in the leagues

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 04:07:41 PM »
Judging from personal experience, I would say that number 3 is quite likely.  
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 05:21:19 PM »
Man I am really envious on your ability to programm bots ^^.
Well another topic can you store in more than memory location pery cyle using ties?
I thought you could only address one location.

Hmm I wish my wire/satellite concept and my use tied bot as additional eye concept would work although I am sure if these would be  good for a hivebot.

Ok concerning the in,out tie stuff, I am not sure whats the problem but if you just want to make something readable you might consider to use one digit of an out to specify the "topic" and the rest for a value.(use modulo)
Or if you have enoguh outs you use one to sepcify the topics(again using modulo to assign digits to other outs topic)
If you want to tell someone something you might consider to producing "data capsules" meaning you will produce bots which only lives to be a messenger for a certain message (using ties for data transfer).
Depending on what kind of version you use these capsules could be produced beforehand. Basically you use a virus to make an empty bot, insert a virus(gene) that inhibits all he needs to know for basic functioning then you reproduce him with shoots storing in 300 repro so you have a storage of them, if you need to send a meesage you just give them they calues they shall transmit and of they go, or you bind them to your bot and whenever he sees a bot of his own kind he uses deltie to set one data capsule free and continues his fly.

Another possibility would be if each hive bot would have a certain "sector" assigned to him so you know where to find him. Or you might consider using a replacement tactic, you send one bot out to find a none hibernating bot, if he finds one he sucks it dry killing it off and then walks back to go into hibernation, such he replaces the bot he killed.

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 05:32:15 PM »
That two digit communication code is a good idea. So a complex message can be sent through in/out1 alone.
Also, if the queen bot timestamps each message with it's own age in another frequency to be sent alongside the message, it solves the problem of bots knowing which command is more up to date.

Also, if you're using viruses, you could make a gene that reprograms a veggie to be a messenger bot. That way it can just cruise around displaying the message and check back with the queen occasionally for more up to date information without needing to stop to eat. As it does that it can scout the area and record it inside its memory and report that back to the queen through tie info transfer.

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »
Oh! Since elite doesnt want a stationary hivebot, as it moves it can leave behind 'pointer' bots. Each pointer bot will stare in the direction the queen went. The next pointer bot will be dropped within sight range of the previous one, and they can form something like a tail displaying the current location of the queen.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 06:02:27 PM »
That's a really cool idea.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hivebot communication
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
Thats similar to what I tried with wirelayer:
http://www.darwinbots.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=1275
Its for 2.4 and still has some bugs in it(which also causes the wirelayeer to not always move in a straight line.
I planned to create a movable wire and a two way version but as I am lazy like ever I did not programm anything yet.