Author Topic: Possible new Abstract Feeding Concept  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Possible new Abstract Feeding Concept
« on: January 23, 2006, 05:00:23 AM »
This idea came to me when I was playing with shots.  In order to test how shots are returned I had any bot hit with a shot return another shot of exactly the same life span.

The result was some incredibly interesting back and forth vollies of a few shots.  I was so impressed I began thinking about it more closely.

Maybe we should give bots that are getting back a feeding shot some opportunity to volley it back with some sort of added incentive if it returns correctly.

The idea beign that the longer you can keep up the volly the better, but also the larger the chance that one of the vollies won't make it back to you and you'll be out the energy from the shot.

I'm not sure exactly what the incentive would be.  Maybe exponentially higher shot strength or something like that.

Basically it would encourage bots to be very controlled in their feeding styles.  It wouldn't replace any of the current feeding styles, but provide another alternative.

Offline Old Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 02:53:21 PM »
Idea: give bots the ability to change the angle at which the 'feeding shot' is shot back, at a cost. The bigger the alteration, the bigger the cost to be paid.

for example: bot X gives an extra 5 degrees to a returning feeding shot, thus making feeding bot X more difficult.

The costs of such alterations would be exponentially bigger as the angle gets altered more.

What'ya think?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:21:27 PM »
The cost of the altering of the angle should also be a function of the size of the energy shot.

That is, it's alot harder to deflect a huge shot.